Official The Batman Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I’m there day 1. As a day 0 DCEU fan, i think the studio owes its fans some clarity :yeshrug:

All this mysterious bs with what’s going on doesn’t help the narrative

No they don’t. Their job is to make a movie and go from there. The other stuff you’re worried about is irrelevant. Make a dope movie and let the rest handle itself. They don’t “owe” fans shyt

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I want them to get a gritty actor to play Penguin, and hopefully they go the route of the Russian gangster Penguin like Nolan was thinking about doing.

I think with Johah Hill we're going to get a Penguin that's somewhat like his character in War Dogs.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I’d like to see his take on Riddler..

My only issue with this casting is that, what the fukk is up with this universe now. Is this a Reeves Bat focused universe or is it still tied in with the DCEU. Having 3 separate universes popping up and about is confusing smh

WB need to hurry the fukkkkk up and clarify some shyt
:umad: shut up and be happy you're getting a movie.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Im sorry but jonahs too big to be a fukking riddler, idc how much weight he lost either he still looks weird im not vibing that shyt right there. He might be a good penguin tho

Here's where I'd disagree with that. Physically, sure he's not a match. But Riddler isn't defined by his physicality so to say he can't be a good riddler because of his build doesn't work. Keaton was short and had a dad body, which is the exact opposite of how Bruce Wayne was portrayed in the comics. shyt, Adam West was in better shape than Keaton was. And damn near a foot taller.

Nicholson wasn't skinny like the joker normally is. He was husky in 88/89. Wasn't fat by any means, but he definitely didn't resemble the joker from the comics. But the one thing they both had in common is they embodied their respective characters. They matched the mental makeup of batman and joker. We can argue on just how much they hit the mark because even 30 years ago, people had their issues with both interpretations. But for a lot of people, Keaton was batman. And for even more people, at least until 08, Nicholson was the joker.

If Jonah can embody the riddler and who that character is, then him being bigger than the riddler normally is won't matter

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im sorry but jonahs too big to be a fukking riddler, idc how much weight he lost either he still looks weird im not vibing that shyt right there. He might be a good penguin tho
The Riddler isn't the Riddler because of his size though.

He's the Riddler because he's a genius that's also a pretentious dikk that thinks he's smarter than everyone else and wants to show off.

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
smh I thought Serkis was a lock for Penguin which was a perfect choice

DenQS6qU8AIdvnW

and they could do much better than Jonah overrated azz for riddler. Bill Hader would be a better choice

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
smh I thought Serkis was a lock for Penguin which was a perfect choice

DenQS6qU8AIdvnW

and they could do much better than Jonah overrated azz for riddler. Bill Hader would be a better choice

Serkis might be too busy directing Venom 2 now he was my choice for penguin too.