Official Tesla Cybertruck Thread

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
has the author of that article ever driven in the rust belt, everything he's bytching about applies to all cars ever made

tesla's inclusion of grease and oil (which have a protective effect on inox) makes me suspect their manuals are like typical american ones where they're full of CYA lies, and baby the owner by not getting any more technical than "don't drink the wiper fluid"

meanwhile a japanese manual will teach you how to service your transmission in the field, and suggest you use your sock or smth so you don't burn yourself while doing it :obama:

Last edited:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Just saw my first one in person. They put some kinda light gold wrap on it.

Fukk Elon and but I'm not finna act like I wasn't surprised :manny:

areohbee824

Superstar
Daps
Looks pretty crazy in person. I really saw one that looked like dude had swimming pool cleaning items on the back :dead:

JNew

Superstar
Daps
In 30 years we will look back and laugh people where buying this overpriced soda cans of a car.

It’s gonna rival Henry ford.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

In this instance, attention was drawn to a line saying: "CAUTION Failure to put Cybertruck in Car Wash Mode may result in damage (for example, to the charge port or windshield wipers). Damage caused by car washes is not covered by the warranty."

The fact that the Cybertruck even has such a mode is, frankly, ludicrous. There was also the perplexing warning: "Do not wash in direct sunlight." Answers on a postcard, please. It is not clear whether the owner heeded either of these instructions.

Do not wash in direct sunlight? :laff:

"To prevent damage to the exterior, immediately remove corrosive substances (such as grease, oil, bird droppings, tree resin, dead insects, tar spots, road salt, industrial fallout, etc.)," it says. "Do not wait until Cybertruck is due for a complete wash. If necessary use denatured alcohol to remove tar spots and stubborn grease stains, then immediately wash the area with water and a mild, non-detergent soap to remove the alcohol."

You even have to immediately remove DEAD INSECTS from the car to prevent damage to the exterior? :deadrose:

He also received a call from Tesla to check on him. The advisor said that "it is a known issue in the Cybertruck that when you do a screen reset, instead of resetting in the standard two minutes, it takes five hours."

So when he had initiated that hard reset before, it had taken half the night to go through. That's another issue with computers that, once upon a time, didn't trouble cars – software bugs. The fault was registered as a complaint and "hopefully it gets addressed in a future software patch," the owner said.

5 hours for a screen reset? Musk keeps telling people to view Tesla as a software company, not a car company, when their software is fukking horrible. :mjlol:

YvrzTrvly

All Star
Daps
The tires on Buddy's truck thick as rubber bands lol...wtf are those 285/5/18s :deadrose: