Official Summerslam 2023 Thread 8/5/23

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
you really love that contrarian gimmick :pachaha:anytime something gets universal praise in WWE no matter how inconsequential it is, automatically you gotta hate on it
Tries it with Samantha too when she's arguably the best in the world at her job and someone who is pretty much universally liked.
:bryan:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Another way to look at it is Jimmy always saw Jey as "under" him. Yeah they were a tag team, but he was always "lil jey" under Jimmy. Yeah it may appear to be some "you deserve better" shyt with Jey but it was more like seeing his "sidekick" shine under new management (Roman) and passively hating. Remember Roman and Paul said Jimmy was hating on Jey lowkey the whole time. Jimmy didn't even deny it. And then Jimmy blurting out "I AM the tribal chief!"

It makes sense that eventually Jimmy hating ways would finally come to the surface.

All this makes sense... I just think it's the easy way out as far as the story.

Sometimes, the low-hanging fruit is the best route. I just want to see them continue to keep this angle fresh.

Vic Damone. Jr

Don't support the phonies, support the real
Daps
Reppin
Memphis TN
Your next WWE Women’s tag team champions :blessed:

@LordDeathwatch

chelsea-green-manager.gif

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
Just finished the show. It died in the middle for the MMA match and never recovered.

On the Bloodline, the slow pacing and the near falls work when the crowd is superhot and BELIEVES the opponent can beat Roman. No one really thought Jey had a real chance so they should have worked much faster so the crowd could get lost in the action.

I think the story of Jimmy turning on Jey can make sense if they spin it the right way whenever Jimmy show's up to explain. The threads have been there since the beginning. Jimmy has cost Jey the title three times, it was also revealed right before Jey kicked Roman that Jimmy has ALWAYS been hating on him in secret. Jimmy was just the funny member of the crew and Jey was the one with all the spotlight. Add in Roman's usual gaslighting + Stockholm syndrome and it's easy to see how Jimmy could still be more angry at his twin than at Roman or Solo.

"How you get another chance at the top strap? Why do I never get looked to lead the family? How you gon be my twin but everyone sees me as the weak link? "

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Still need to watch the last 2 matches, but it's been a pretty good show. :ehh:

-If Drew/GUNTHER went another 5 minutes it might have been a classic hoss match.

-WHC was really good too.