full

That Shaq pic has never been more appropriate :russ:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
the way Shiv sonned him on their wedding night was :picard:

After rewatching the first couple of episodes, this was even worse than I remembered it.

Early on when Tom's parents have a lawyer look at the prenuptial agreement, they complained that it didn't saw anything about cheating. Shiv was just like "we don't need to worry about that, we're adults".

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
After rewatching the first couple of episodes, this was even worse than I remembered it.

Early on when Tom's parents have a lawyer look at the prenuptial agreement, they complained that it didn't saw anything about cheating. Shiv was just like "we don't need to worry about that, we're adults".
Shiv essentially said imma do what I want because I'm a female. Let a man say imma do what I want.

Leverage is important

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps

I know we've seen Shiv (try to?) hook up with another guy, but are we sure Shiv's not gay?

If she doesn't respect Tom, need Tom, doesn't seem to want to have kids with Tom, or need to marry Tom to keep up appearances, why the fukk is she with and doing this to him?

:jbhmm:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I know we've seen Shiv (try to?) hook up with another guy, but are we sure Shiv's not gay?

If she doesn't respect Tom, need Tom, doesn't seem to want to have kids with Tom, or need to marry Tom to keep up appearances, why the fukk is she with and doing this to him?

:jbhmm:
first season dude finger banged her, the show was intentionally cryptic about whether or not they were doing anything.

Like a lot of relationships, its predicated on whether the girl is smarter or the guy allows her to think that

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
first season dude finger banged her, the show was intentionally cryptic about whether or not they were doing anything.

Like a lot of relationships, its predicated on whether the girl is smarter or the guy allows her to think that

Nah, it's not that simple. Why does she need to be with Tom? Why can't she be single? Half the time she can't stand having him around, doesn't like that he can't clean up his own messes, doesn't like that he's not assertive, is embarrassed that he can't keep up with her family and doesn't appear to be satisfied by him physically.

I don't wanna get too deep because I know the show is lighter than that, but just reading the above couple of posts has me wondering what the Shiv character arc is about and what it's gonna be.

If the roles were reversed, and Tom came from money and was dogging Shiv around like she does to him, their story arc would revolve around themes of emotional and psychological abuse

:mjlol:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Nah, it's not that simple. Why does she need to be with Tom? Why can't she be single? Half the time she can't stand having him around, doesn't like that he can't clean up his own messes, doesn't like that he's not assertive, is embarrassed that he can't keep up with her family and doesn't appear to be satisfied by him physically.

I don't wanna get too deep because I know the show is lighter than that, but just reading the above couple of posts has me wondering what the Shiv character arc is about and what it's gonna be.

If the roles were reversed, and Tom came from money and was dogging Shiv around like she does to him, their story arc would revolve around themes of emotional and psychological abuse

:mjlol:
I think the shiv arc is about shiv getting power from the only thing she can relationships and career. her whole life is given to her and she tries to get autonomy from either her career or her relationships
she's different politically from the family only because she can be but deep down she's just as republican as they are.
Tom and her relationships are the only things she can control without answering to her father. yeah her father disproves of tom but he can't do anything about it.
that's why i don't see them getting a divorce.
shiv is probably going to be done with the family at the end of the series and will join the turner company

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I think the shiv arc is about shiv getting power from the only thing she can relationships and career. her whole life is given to her and she tries to get autonomy from either her career or her relationships
she's different politically from the family only because she can be but deep down she's just as republican as they are.
Tom and her relationships are the only things she can control without answering to her father. yeah her father disproves of tom but he can't do anything about it.
that's why i don't see them getting a divorce.
shiv is probably going to be done with the family at the end of the series and will join the turner company

I think this is it, or as close to it as us outside of the writers can guess