Official Succession Thread đźź  Season 4 Currently Airing

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I wonder if anyone is ready to discuss Succession in GOAT convo yet.

All three seasons have been flawless, potentially this last one will be the same…

The Wire, Sopranos, GOT, Breaking Bad all have had a flawed season…

:hubie:
Season 3 is a disappointment to me, I know I'm in the minority

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

agreed…granted it was still relatively good but I started to feel like how many times are we gonna watch kendall have logan on the ropes only to completely shyt the bed…very glad they’re ending it this season…I think it’s gonna be a great season now that there is a goal line in sight that will hopefully yield a definitive conclusion

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
agreed…granted it was still relatively good but I started to feel like how many times are we gonna watch kendall have logan on the ropes only to completely shyt the bed…very glad they’re ending it this season…I think it’s gonna be a great season now that there is a goal line in sight that will hopefully yield a definitive conclusion
First time I’m hearing this :whoo:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Breh, any tv season with this classic
succession-roman-roy.gif

Cannot be a disappointment :heh:

Daps
I wonder if anyone is ready to discuss Succession in GOAT convo yet.

All three seasons have been flawless, potentially this last one will be the same…

The Wire, Sopranos, GOT, Breaking Bad all have had a flawed season…

:hubie:

If S4 is fire it's definitely up there with Sopranos for me. Some shows go on at least 1 season to long, ending on 4 is perfect for this type of show.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Breh, any tv season with this classic
succession-roman-roy.gif

Cannot be a disappointment :heh:

If it was possible for a human being to turn into a black hole and disappear out of existence within oneself, and it didn't happen in that moment, it'll never happen.

If he saw the red dot of a sniper beam coming through the window, everybody else would duck and run but he'd stand in front of it waiting for the bullet.

He wanted to die in that moment.

Impeccable performance by Kieran Culkin

VY2wmdR.png

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If we repping sets then I guess im on team Tom Greg

interesting…don’t see myself rooting for anyone but at this point I guess I’d rather logan stay in charge running shyt…all the kids tried their best and came up empty…tom and greg would be interesting…I’d like to see how that would come about/play out

daemonova

Daps

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Completely agree, this and The Boys kinda suffer from the same thing. A lot of drama and plot points all to end up exactly where we started. It's like they are afraid to change their initial set up. Hopefully, who will succeed Logan Roy will finally be revealed.

daemonova

Daps
Completely agree, this and The Boys kinda suffer from the same thing. A lot of drama and plot points all to end up exactly where we started. It's like they are afraid to change their initial set up. Hopefully, who will succeed Logan Roy will finally be revealed.
So, this where we disagree...

The Boys has always been a disappointment to me. The third season actually improved over the shifty first two. It's still bad, just not as bad as the first two.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
So, this where we disagree...

The Boys has always been a disappointment to me. The third season actually improved over the shifty first two. It's still bad, just not as bad as the first two.
They Boys parody of other super hero properties is excellent, very funny. The rest if the show is mid to me. Overall quality but I think the FX and plot are lacking. Nothing changes. Homelander remains the main menace, Bill remains a misguided jerk and the main guy remains a simp. Nothing changes.

daemonova

Daps
They Boys parody of other super hero properties is excellent, very funny. The rest if the show is mid to me. Overall quality but I think the FX and plot are lacking. Nothing changes. Homelander remains the main menace, Bill remains a misguided jerk and the main guy remains a simp. Nothing changes.
I wouldn't call him a simp per se. He had a girlfriend, she died f up and he bitter about it. He got another chick, still hot though I ain't crazy about her character arc, but whatever. She always act like she's about five seconds from leaving him so I guess he better be a simp to keep her.

The crux of the show is what if Superman was an a$$hole and they don't want to move on from that point. The first two seasons he had mommy issues which they dealt with in mixed results. Thus last season he had daddy issues, which they dealt with with more satisfying results. Who knows what they will do next. But the only thing they haven't done is present a Darkseid/Thanos type villain but sure that's being spitballed around the conference room.