Official Steam Deck thread. Steam handheld gaming device.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Brehs that have this and a console, I have a few questions:

Do you feel its a downgrade between playing handheld and console.

Do you find yourself buying the same game to play on console feeling its better to get full experience.

Do you play your must have games on this or leave them for your console for better experience and just play games you wouldn't necessarily have on the steam deck.

Is the play time on it worth the purchase considering you also have a console that you spend more time playing

Brandwin

Pro
Daps

Do you find yourself buying the same game to play on console feeling its better to get full experience.

Do you play your must have games on this or leave them for your console for better experience and just play games you wouldn't necessarily have on the steam deck.

Is the play time on it worth the purchase considering you also have a console that you spend more time playing
This is basically an indie machine for me. No way I can play triple A titles on this, but for those smaller games I don’t feel like sitting in front of a monitor or tv, this is perfect. A lot of Slay The Spire, Balatro and Brotaro on this since I got mine a month ago.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
This is basically an indie machine for me. No way I can play triple A titles on this, but for those smaller games I don’t feel like sitting in front of a monitor or tv, this is perfect. A lot of Slay The Spire, Balatro and Brotaro on this since I got mine a month ago.
:patrice:Whats the point if you aint gonna play AAA games on it, It costs morethan a console

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps

Is the play time on it worth the purchase considering you also have a console that you spend more time playing​

Is it a downgrade? Not at all. The majority of games I play on this are Indy/Double A games that don't require processing/graphical power that would appear lacking on a handheld than a console.
Also, not having a computer at the moment with a dearth of Steam games with no way to play 'em, I use the deck to enjoy tons of those little indie and other games I'd love to have on the go (Fear and Hunger, Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne etc...) that I wouldn't necessarily run on a console.
Only when it comes to rpgs that I find myself debating what to play on console as opposed to handheld, because as much as I love being able to play portably, I do the majority of my bulk gaming infront of my tv so I can quicker grind out certain rpgs on console and take the exclusive ones I can't get on Xbox, on the deck.
Plus, a major plus for me when it comes to having this deck, is the fact that I can use it as a Mini Pc and most importantly, an emulation hub, and a portable one at that to replace the Xbox Series S I had filling that role that went kaput when Microsoft took away Developer mode that allowed emulation to flow freely.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Nah not really I prefer it alot actually, because when Im on the toilet :hubie: , plane, in bed I'll just turn it on and be playing games I never would have really played otherwise.

dfresh

Pro
Daps

Do not get a Steam Deck if you already have a PC and/or console and plan to use it as a substitute for either one.

That's like getting a PS4 to play PS3 games when you already have a PS3. Complete waste of money.

Steam deck is like a switch 2.0 that’s jailbroken. handheld emulation hub for pc, indie and console games( ranging from snes to the switch).

Also Any games past the switch is pretty much unplayable on a steam deck.