Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Never thought dude would still be playing Picard in 2020. :pachaha:

That said, I'm in.

Yeah. I wonder what the rationale is with this. Picard is an all time loved Trek character but the formula of recycling old characters feels like Kirk and company all over again. The energy needs to be focused on making sure the new wave of Star Trek characters builds a following that lasts 20+ years and can maintain a series so that we get another series.

I’m still VERY iffy on the JJ Trek films, so these new shows, like Discovery, are welcome.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I low key want them to reboot, start with Kirk and Spock again so they don't have to explain why they had 60s hardware in every new series.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:scust: Hell no....

I want them to do one set in the future after DS9...:ufdup: What happened to the Sisko!?!?
@Benjamin Sisko been posting on thecoli for minute now. But i tired of all these sequels to a 60 year old tv show.
Time to reboot. How we got three spidermans but still one Spock? and before you say, well the movie rebooted, nah that was some sort of timeloop still the same characters technically.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
@Benjamin Sisko been posting on thecoli for minute now. But i tired of all these sequels to a 60 year old tv show.
Time to reboot. How we got three spidermans but still one Spock? and before you say, well the movie rebooted, nah that was some sort of timeloop still the same characters technically.

:manny: I just want them to move the story FORWARD without having to jump into the past...I wanna see new worlds and new enemies...

I would also want to see a deeper connection to the shadowy black ops organization section 31...:wow: a series set in that kind of world would be badass...

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:manny: I just want them to move the story FORWARD without having to jump into the past...I wanna see new worlds and new enemies...

I would also want to see a deeper connection to the shadowy black ops organization section 31...:wow: a series set in that kind of world would be badass...
:mindblown: they've been moving the story forward for 60 years in the same continuity. Time to start over. A reboot doesn't mean they have to repeat all the same stories. This is like if Adam West was still the canon batman on all the upcoming DC movies, and ya'll seriously thinking nah, they should keep going.
what would a reboot do for those characters?

We explored those characters from TOS to their movies, and all the supplemental material available.
What it would do is making the original character relateable to a new generation of viewers. You shouldn't have to watch some 60 year old tv series to understand all the references in a 2019 series.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
But didn't data die in nemesis tho?!!?:wtf::mindblown:
Yes and no.
Remember they hinted at Data still being "alive" to a certain extent.
We know at least SOME of his memories were transferred. It was kind of a cliff hanger in that sense.
In the end, he was trying to sing the song "Blue Skies" Data was singing in the beginning of the movie.
If he does come back, it might be a Jadzia Dax type of situation where the character is essentially two people.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mindblown: they've been moving the story forward for 60 years in the same continuity. Time to start over. A reboot doesn't mean they have to repeat all the same stories. This is like if Adam West was still the canon batman on all the upcoming DC movies, and ya'll seriously thinking nah, they should keep going.

What it would do is making the original character relateable to a new generation of viewers. You shouldn't have to watch some 60 year old tv series to understand all the references in a 2019 series.
We already have a reboot with the movies and discovery. We literally have three trek continuities although they say discovery is prime it clearly is not. I like the main continuity and want it to continue personally.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

I meant set AFTER the events after the dominion war...:comeon: Picard might answer alot of questions...since it's set when picard became an admiral...:ld:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
At 12:10 PM PT, Star Trek legend Patrick Stewart will appear alongside other cast members to discuss the highly anticipated Star Trek: Picard, and this will be followed by an exclusive SDCC trailer and imagery from the show. It was previously announced that Stewart will be joined by showrunner Michael Chabon and co-stars Alison Pill, Michelle Hurd, Evan Evagora, Isa Briones, Santiago Cabrera, and Harry Treadaway.