Official Star Trek: Picard thread

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:picard:

I had no idea Discovery was big enough to warrant something like a TNG reboot and animated series, and definitely wouldn't have expected Patrick Stewart himself being interested in doing both apparently. This will be huuuge if it really goes forward; maybe they can get him in the JJ Abrams movies now too if he's showing interest in reprising the role :blessed:
I would be very excited if I could get some tng Picard and not the movies Picard one last time.

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Multiple news sources have reported it and Patrick Stewart has hinted at it recently. You know im a trek fan and wouldn't put out some bullshyt.

New Star Trek deal could bring Patrick Stewart back to the franchise

Nah I know they've hinted at it but the site you quoted, whichever site that is, says its a done deal. That's different than speculation lol which is why im asking where you got it from. Everyone's said "it may happen" but what you quoted said "yeah its a wrap"

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah I know they've hinted at it but the site you quoted, whichever site that is, says its a done deal. That's different than speculation lol which is why im asking where you got it from. Everyone's said "it may happen" but what you quoted said "yeah its a wrap"
Oh i just took one of the many articles its not a done deal since they are still negotiating.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Oh i just took one of the many articles its not a done deal since they are still negotiating.

Be leery of them british tabloids man. I googled this and the only story that came up was from The Mirror and they're known to just talk without actually verifying anything. So as of now, I'd consider it all talk even though they're saying he's in full on negotiation mode

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Be leery of them british tabloids man. I googled this and the only story that came up was from The Mirror and they're known to just talk without actually verifying anything. So as of now, I'd consider it all talk even though they're saying he's in full on negotiation mode
I saw many other sources repot this when I googled it.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I saw many other sources repot this when I googled it.

Nah homie they reported he may come back in theory as a rumor. The brits are reporting that its happening and a done deal. That's a huge huge huge huge difference lol. That's like me saying you may be going to the Beyonce and Jay show vs someone else saying you're definitely going.

Compare the Mirror article to the article you posted from the verge
Sir Patrick Stewart in talks to return to Star Trek as Captain Jean-Luc Picard

They're reporting it as a rumor, sourced from Hollywood reporter, which is saying its a rumor and people are talking about. The mirror is full blown saying its happening, they're negotiating, and its steps away from happening. One is reporting it as fact the other is reporting as rumor

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah homie they reported he may come back in theory as a rumor. The brits are reporting that its happening and a done deal. That's a huge huge huge huge difference lol. That's like me saying you may be going to the Beyonce and Jay show vs someone else saying you're definitely going.

Compare the Mirror article to the article you posted from the verge
Sir Patrick Stewart in talks to return to Star Trek as Captain Jean-Luc Picard

They're reporting it as a rumor, sourced from Hollywood reporter, which is saying its a rumor and people are talking about. The mirror is full blown saying its happening, they're negotiating, and its steps away from happening. One is reporting it as fact the other is reporting as rumor

Yes its a rumor no guarantee obviously.
:yeshrug:

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
First Contact was so epic
I loved first Contact. It is probably my second favorite trek movie after wrath of kahn. Picard was like a fake action hero in the movies though wasnt the same as he was on tng.