Official Spider-Man thread

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
I'm a fan of MJ and their marriage because I believe she compliments Peter better than Gwen or anyone else ever has. Gwen is a great character and has the intelligence to match Pete, but MJ is just as driven and just as caring. The difference between the two is, Peter needs someone like MJ to be close to because MJ gets him out of his own head and opens him up to a world he never knew and he does the same for her. MJ makes Peter a better man and he makes her a much better woman
I prefer her as a friend more than anything else

I've been fond of Gwen because she's who Peter was with from when I started reading Spidey

I like him with Black Cat for the same reason why I like Daredevil and Elektra mainly because they can never really happen.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I prefer her as a friend more than anything else

I've been fond of Gwen because she's who Peter was with from when I started reading Spidey

I like him with Black Cat for the same reason why I like Daredevil and Elektra mainly because they can never really happen.

Fair enough breh, fair enough. He was with MJ when I started reading but I can imagine someone who started reading while he was with Gwen and then she dies and now he's marrying this other chick? Yeah that may not sit easy with me either

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
yes finally
2333540_o.gif

i remember i used to be playin this back as a youngin

and then this game took it to a whole nother level for a young wire28

spidey is truly a hero for the people :to:

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I stopped reading Spidey comic books a while back, so I don't know the reason for this: WHy the fukk did they change the storyline with Peter's parents? What that on Ultimate SPiderman and separate from the regular SPider timeline?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I stopped reading Spidey comic books a while back, so I don't know the reason for this: WHy the fukk did they change the storyline with Peter's parents? What that on Ultimate SPiderman and separate from the regular SPider timeline?

You mean the thing about his parents and Eddie's parents being scientists?

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You mean the thing about his parents and Eddie's parents being scientists?

Who's Eddie? Eddie Brock? I basically stopped reading Spidey comics once McFarlane and Larsen stopped drawing Spidey titles. THen I saw a news item somewhere that talked about Spidey's parents being spies or something like that. I just figured it was a gimmick to get readers back into reading Spiderman.

You still read comcis? What books do you recommend if I want to get back into reading?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Who's Eddie? Eddie Brock? I basically stopped reading Spidey comics once McFarlane and Larsen stopped drawing Spidey titles. THen I saw a news item somewhere that talked about Spidey's parents being spies or something like that. I just figured it was a gimmick to get readers back into reading Spiderman.

You still read comcis? What books do you recommend if I want to get back into reading?

Ah ok...in Ultimate spider-man, which is a separate continuity than Marvel's regular line of comics, there are ultimate versions of the normal timeline characters, e.g. spider-man, kitty pryde, x men, fantastic four, etc. And that universe has been destroyed and rebuilt about 3x now and ultimate Peter Parker is dead. In that timeline however, Peter's parents and Eddie Brock's parents were scientists and died in a plane accident which orphaned both Pete and Eddie.

Now as far as regular continuity goes, his parents were revealed to be Shield agents in the 80s I think but they didn't become a part of the storyline really until Harry and Norman bought them back into Peter's life as robots in order to fukk with him and that was during the 90s. It wasn't a gimmick because to my knowledge, people were still reading spider-man pretty heavy at that time because it was during the clone saga and when carnage was introduced.

If you want to get back into Spidey, now would be a good time because Amazing just started over and is only on issue 2 now. Doc Ock switched bodies with Pete and was the "superior spider-man" for almost two years and recently, Pete fought his way back and is now dealing with all the changes in his life that happened while he was away: He's now a PhD, he's got his own company, amongst other things. He and MJ aren't married anymore as the marriage was undone about 6 years ago, so continuity wise, they were never married. Marvel wants you to look at the older stories under the lens of "they aren't married, they just live together" :comeon:. I'm not always a fan of Dan Slott's writing but he definitely understands the character and when he's on point, it's a really dope read.

If you want some older stuff though, pick up some of the JMS stuff when he was on the book from 01-08. His 9/11 issue is one of my favorite comics of all time, not just spider-man

Ultimate is good but it's not Peter in the costume anymore, it's Miles Morales, but give it a shot definitely because it's good work.

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ah ok...in Ultimate spider-man, which is a separate continuity than Marvel's regular line of comics, there are ultimate versions of the normal timeline characters, e.g. spider-man, kitty pryde, x men, fantastic four, etc. And that universe has been destroyed and rebuilt about 3x now and ultimate Peter Parker is dead. In that timeline however, Peter's parents and Eddie Brock's parents were scientists and died in a plane accident which orphaned both Pete and Eddie.

Now as far as regular continuity goes, his parents were revealed to be Shield agents in the 80s I think but they didn't become a part of the storyline really until Harry and Norman bought them back into Peter's life as robots in order to fukk with him and that was during the 90s. It wasn't a gimmick because to my knowledge, people were still reading spider-man pretty heavy at that time because it was during the clone saga and when carnage was introduced.

If you want to get back into Spidey, now would be a good time because Amazing just started over and is only on issue 2 now. Doc Ock switched bodies with Pete and was the "superior spider-man" for almost two years and recently, Pete fought his way back and is now dealing with all the changes in his life that happened while he was away: He's now a PhD, he's got his own company, amongst other things. He and MJ aren't married anymore as the marriage was undone about 6 years ago, so continuity wise, they were never married. Marvel wants you to look at the older stories under the lens of "they aren't married, they just live together" :comeon:. I'm not always a fan of Dan Slott's writing but he definitely understands the character and when he's on point, it's a really dope read.

If you want some older stuff though, pick up some of the JMS stuff when he was on the book from 01-08. His 9/11 issue is one of my favorite comics of all time, not just spider-man

Ultimate is good but it's not Peter in the costume anymore, it's Miles Morales, but give it a shot definitely because it's good work.

Doc Ock became Spidey for a bit? :dwillhuh:

:russ:

Good look on Amazing. I might start reading since it's fairly new.

I did read the Ultimates with Millar/Hitch team. That storyline was :wow:.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Doc Ock became Spidey for a bit? :dwillhuh:

:russ:

Good look on Amazing. I might start reading since it's fairly new.

I did read the Ultimates with Millar/Hitch team. That storyline was :wow:.

Yeah amazing 699, Ock switches bodies as his body is dying. The only thing he didn't count on though was Peter's consciousness being buried in there because they mind swapped. And they even had an issue where he battled Peter's consciousness to get rid of him entirely but he just buried him. And in one of the last issues of Superior, he tried to dig up an old memory, something that only Peter would know and it "woke" peter up and eventually Peter found a way to come all the way back and as of now, Ock is no more.

The Ultimates was a very dope book.