Official South Park Season 20 Thread

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Wasn't there rumors of them wanting to end it a few seasons ago? But then the network was like nah you owe use this many more seasons and there's no out :ufdup: So they were prob like fine :manny: what's the minimum number of episodes to qualify for a season :umad:

Matt and Trey have been ready to depart the show for a while but Comedy Central said they would just continue the show without them, so they decided to stick with it to the end so they could keep the show true to their intentions.

FappleMeOff

All Star
Daps
Matt and Trey have been ready to depart the show for a while but Comedy Central said they would just continue the show without them, so they decided to stick with it to the end so they could keep the show true to their intentions.

:rudy:that's not true at all.

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
That's been the word for ages, breh. Maybe they've come around but a while ago they were damn well ready to retire the show.

I never heard them say they were ready yo retire the show ever. Where u getting ur sources from?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I never heard them say they were ready yo retire the show ever. Where u getting ur sources from?

Well, it was a couple of years back when there were rumors swirling around, and I think some time later they did that episode where Stan left South Park after growing tired from all of the "crap" which seemed to confirm they were ready to move away. I tried to find something more "affirmative" but like I said, shyt was years ago.

I did find an interview from last year where they said they were just riding out the show until the end no matter what, which falls in line with the story of them not retiring because they don't want to let the show fall in the hands of others, as well as mentioning that they have indeed come around from being tired of the show.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/27/south-park-creators-envision-the-last-ever-episode

"Yeah, we've thought that for 18 years," Parker continued. "We're like, 'Okay, well, they're going to cancel us, for sure!' We've been waiting to get canceled for 18 f***ing years."

Matt and Trey have expressed South Park fatigue before, but at this point they're in it for the long(er) haul. "We won't stop until we get canceled," Stone said. "We're renewing. They have to f***ing cancel us, goddammit!"

FappleMeOff

All Star
Daps
That's been the word for ages, breh. Maybe they've come around but a while ago they were damn well ready to retire the show.

They always say that they're gonna end the show. Ever since the pilot lol. And Comedy Central wouldn't continue to make South Park without Matt & Trey. It wouldn't be the same and no one would continue to watch

ELITE

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I hate their "dark weeks" :mjpls:

And this season is only 10 episodes :why:

Anyone member when they used to do 20 episode seasons :noah:

71805972.jpg