Official South Park Season 20 Thread

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I have never and likely never will understand this hard stance of "you shouldn't joke about serious shyt." Most comedy is born out of boiling down a serious subject to extract laughs. The greatest black comedians wouldn't have any material at all if they didn't joke about serious shyt. Laughing helps to examine the serious shyt.

That doesn't mean these jokes are funny however. Overall I'm a bit meh on the season so far. But it has more to do with the longform storytelling being hit and miss and not the fact that they are taking on serious shyt.

Gerald has constantly made me laugh though. Him getting rid of that computer:mjlol:

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I'm curious to see how they're gonna let Gerald shine, the member berries were cute

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
How are people still getting offended at South Park? They literally make fun of everyone it's not a big deal. Overall, I'm really enjoying this season I thought i was wack until I realized exactly what they are getting at.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
episode wasn't that funny..

having a whole season based of what currently happening...meh

Yeah im not feeling this shyt either

Hate when people try to make a joke about real shyt that black folks go thru

They should just stick joking about light shyt,not serious situations
To be honest, this is how South Park has stayed alive and relevant for so long. They ran out of regular stories just about the town itself and its wacky adventures like over a decade ago. They spent like a few seasons making fun of every reality TV show out there. Since then its been largely satire, social commentary and current events.

Stelio Kontos

All Star
Daps
Yeah it feels like instead of retiring trey and Matt just decided to do 3 months of southpark and go on a 9 month hiatus after

Wasn't there rumors of them wanting to end it a few seasons ago? But then the network was like nah you owe use this many more seasons and there's no out :ufdup: So they were prob like fine :manny: what's the minimum number of episodes to qualify for a season :umad:

The Fire

way more chemical than political
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
just seen season premiere :russ: I thought it was pretty good, better than the last few episodes
the jabs at nostalgia, female comedy/equality in media were pretty good. Also this show isn't racist you guys are stupid