Official Ratchet and Clank (PS4) Thread

U coppin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
...but the story makes no sense unless you’ve seen the movie.

that’s bullshyt...I didn’t even know there was a movie associated with this and the story made plenty of sense...is this a joke I’m missing?

*edit*

wow...there was a movie which was horrible by all accounts...the in-game story still made sense on it’s own tho

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
that’s bullshyt...I didn’t even know there was a movie associated with this and the story made plenty of sense...is this a joke I’m missing?

*edit*

wow...there was a movie which was horrible by all accounts...the in-game story still made sense on it’s own tho

All the cutscenes from the game are ripped directly from the movie and spliced together. There are things that happen in the game, that make no sense because of how jumbled it all was.

This game was made in like 7 months just to tie into the movie release.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There are things that happen in the game, that make no sense because of how jumbled it all was.

like what?

I played the game with zero knowledge of the movie and never felt confused re: the story...I definitely would’ve complained about it if I did...ironically one of the main things I liked about it was the story...coincidentally it was like playing thru a pixar movie

• Dap
Reactions: Why

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
like what?

I played the game with zero knowledge of the movie and never felt confused re: the story...I definitely would’ve complained about it if I did...ironically one of the main things I liked about it was the story...coincidentally it was like playing thru a pixar movie

I mean the actual plot isn’t confusing, its relatively simple, its more so the motivations and pacing that are completely off. Like, ratchet fails to save the planet, he’s depressed back at home for months and then he’s back to being a hero right after. Captain quark betraying Ratchet seems to happen off screen, theres a mission where Clank is sent off to do something and you never see him return, he’s just in the spaceship in the next scene after.

You can kind of tell a lot of things feel pieced together, haphazardly

But if you aren’t really paying attention to it you’ll probably just say to yourself that its a passable story, nothing great, because it realistically is based on a bad movie. Not the actual first game

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Trying to beat this before the new one comes out. How much do I have left?

im on the level after the planet is blown up

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Trying to beat this before the new one comes out. How much do I have left?

im on the level after the planet is blown up

can’t even remember where you’re at but the game is about 10-15 hours...12 days left...you should be fine

I gotta try and finish ME2 and 3 (and possibly andromeda) before this drop...don’t think that’s gonna happen tho...I’ll definitely finish ME2 this week tho

*edit*

you might be almost done...cuz I remember that planet getting blown up and I was annoyed cuz I couldn’t revisit it...but it happened pretty late in the game I believe

Last edited: