U coppin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Honestly, re-playing this game and GOW at 60FPS has convinced me I'd be fine with most of the previous gen's visuals at 60FPS :hubie:

This is what one of the insomniac developers had to say about it pertaining to the patch.

“I just mean you'll see the power of the PS5 on June 11th, and with that realize that RC 2016 looks nice, but it doesn't compete with Rift Apart.

Rift Apart is eyeball melting
.”

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Ratchet and Clank 2016 has been updated to support 60 frames per second on PlayStation 5! It's a welcome boost for an absolutely beautiful game - and it means that the series has come full circle. Ratchet games on both PS2 and PS3 targeted 60fps before Insomniac shifted strategy to 30fps gaming instead - a situation that looks set to change for the generation ahead! Rich has the full story.

- DF goes into the patch itself and discover the PS5 can very well do an XS style "FPS Boost" as well owing to the SDK info discovered in the patch files.

Last edited:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Never got around to playing this until now. shyt is fun and just cathartic breaking things lol. Old school gameplay and feel. I don't even mind the cheesy humor, it's endearing. Insomniac are incredible devs

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I said I would turn this on for a little bit just to see how the patch looks and i haven’t been able to put it down since. This might be in my top five from last gen. I can’t believe how fukking good this game looks.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I still can’t believe this game was mostly made in 10 fukking months. the fact that rift apart got a AAA budget and 3x’s the development time...:wow:

EyVsuIeWgAERnwU

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Just beat this. Incredible game. The set pieces at the end honestly felt like i was playing the PS5 game already. If this is the baseline, as something made in a mere 10 months i can’t wait to see what they do on a AAA budget with years in development.

I just went ahead and pre-ordered rift apart.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Just beat this. Incredible game. The set pieces at the end honestly felt like i was playing the PS5 game already. If this is the baseline, as something made in a mere 10 months i can’t wait to see what they do on a AAA budget with years in development.

I just went ahead and pre-ordered rift apart.

Funny, I just beat this the other night myself, for the first time. I was about 3/4 into the game back when it came out, but somehow deleted my system save and overwrote the new game save on my cloud save. I think my daughter had something to do with it, but it was years ago and can't remember all the details. I queued up on the PS5 and started from scratch and flew thru in in about a week's time. Super solid game! Might even do the challenge mode before Rift Apart drops.

Also, this was made in less than a year cuz it's mostly a remake of the very first game. I think they changed/added a few things tho. I can't call what those are, as I didn't get into R&C until Tools of Destruction on PS3.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Funny, I just beat this the other night myself, for the first time. I was about 3/4 into the game back when it came out, but somehow deleted my system save and overwrote the new game save on my cloud save. I think my daughter had something to do with it, but it was years ago and can't remember all the details. I queued up on the PS5 and started from scratch and flew thru in in about a week's time. Super solid game! Might even do the challenge mode before Rift Apart drops.

Also, this was made in less than a year cuz it's mostly a remake of the very first game. I think they changed/added a few things tho. I can't call what those are, as I didn't get into R&C until Tools of Destruction on PS3.

Yeah the most shaky part of the game for me is you can tell the movie scenes felt really out of place. It didn’t coordinate in a coherent way with the actual game at all. I feel sorry for the developers that had to build this entire game around the movie.

Also doesn’t seem like clank has a big role in the game either, like he barely even talks or interacts with ratchet.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the rift apart trailer was the only reason I decided to play this game...loved it

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
RC is one of the GOAT gaming series of the pat 20 years.
:wow:
Had my ex tell me, my lil homie wouldn't like that one time, when we were fighting.
:wow:
Lil mans spent the entire weekend playing it. :shaq: so I could spend the entire weekend playing :shaq:

:blessed: Insomniac :blessed:

Last edited: