Essential Official Random Thoughts Thread (Ladies only)

Sunshine

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I think it upset someone when I said that women cannot afford to put our safety at risk in an attempt to prove that we are "different". This was in reference to a woman who was once in an abusive relationship who admitted she stuck around because she was trying to show him that she was not like his ex.

Abuse is never acceptable in any form and I have a soft-spot and compassion for women who have endured domestic violence. I knew a woman who was killed by a man she broke up with the night before. She was a beautiful person.

Surely did not mean to offend. I just want us to be safe and learn from our mistakes. Definitely not judging either because nothing gives anyone the right to put their hands on someone.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I think it upset someone when I said that women cannot afford to put our safety at risk in an attempt to prove that we are "different". This was in reference to a woman who was once in an abusive relationship who admitted she stuck around because she was trying to show him that she was not like his ex.

Abuse is never acceptable in any form and I have a soft-spot and compassion for women who have endured domestic violence. I knew a woman who was killed by a man she broke up with the night before. She was a beautiful person.

Surely did not mean to offend. I just want us to be safe and learn from our mistakes. Definitely not judging either because nothing gives anyone the right to put their hands on someone.
Where/when did that happen? Sounds like a solid take.

Sunshine

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Where/when did that happen? Sounds like a solid take.

Her case is online, so I won't give many details out of respect for her family. But it happened in the South some years back.

Last edited:

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
It’s so disappointing to hear moms who go the extra mile to shyt on the thought of having a daughter when they have boys. preference is whatever but I’ve come across more than a fair share of women who say things like “God I don’t know what I’d do if I had a girl”

Like uhh hopefully raise her well? The fukk, were you not a girl at one point

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Fathers really don’t realize how much of a turnoff/repulsive it is to see them hands off when it comes to parenting their child. I’m so done with my son’s father that I be breaking up with him every two weeks and I’m just done. I do everything and I mean everything and all he has is occasional commentary or criticism. My son will even crawl to him or reach for him and he has every excuse not to take him. And he does stupid shyt like putting the car seat front facing-for what?!

Can’t tell you a lick of our sons milestones and wants to argue with me about our kid not liking bananas.

I literally can’t wait to get out of Texas either. Just over a lot of shyt in general

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
It’s so disappointing to hear moms who go the extra mile to shyt on the thought of having a daughter when they have boys. preference is whatever but I’ve come across more than a fair share of women who say things like “God I don’t know what I’d do if I had a girl”

Like uhh hopefully raise her well? The fukk, were you not a girl at one point
Internalized misogyny.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Fathers really don’t realize how much of a turnoff/repulsive it is to see them hands off when it comes to parenting their child. I’m so done with my son’s father that I be breaking up with him every two weeks and I’m just done. I do everything and I mean everything and all he has is occasional commentary or criticism. My son will even crawl to him or reach for him and he has every excuse not to take him. And he does stupid shyt like putting the car seat front facing-for what?!

Can’t tell you a lick of our sons milestones and wants to argue with me about our kid not liking bananas.

I literally can’t wait to get out of Texas either. Just over a lot of shyt in general
I’m sorry. Y’all should definitely look into therapy, counseling with the pastor, etc sooner rather than later.

Are there any men in his family who have modeled proper parenting? Any men around who can talk to him and guide him?

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I’m sorry. Y’all should definitely look into therapy, counseling with the pastor, etc sooner rather than later.

Are there any men in his family who have modeled proper parenting? Any men around who can talk to him and guide him?
It’s a long story but short answer not really- but it’s a million things, and in part he literally does way less contributing to the household than before I got pregnant (basically any chores) and especially not with our sons stuff. I’m exhausted.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
It’s a long story but short answer not really- but it’s a million things, and in part he literally does way less contributing to the household than before I got pregnant (basically any chores) and especially not with our sons stuff. I’m exhausted.
Aw. Any relatives in the area/who can travel to help? Have you expressed your frustration with the situation? Sometimes it takes men a bit to fully adjust to a new baby in the household, especially if he wasn’t prepped for it by family or friends who have already gone through the process (NOT AN EXCUSE). Was he “ready” and happy about planning the family and pulled a 180 now?

Just calmly delegate tasks. If he’s straight up ignoring your, the baby and the household’s needs…that has to be addressed, maybe with the help of a therapist.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
He FINALLY has two white nubs at the bottom of his mouth where the teeth are emerging, he’s been teething off and on for a while now

We’re practicing with his walker and he’s doing great, my parents and siblings were in TX yesterday so we went to see them and he enjoyed being the main character center of attention lol