Essential Official Random Thoughts Thread (Ladies only)

Sunshine

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I think it upset someone when I said that women cannot afford to put our safety at risk in an attempt to prove that we are "different". This was in reference to a woman who was once in an abusive relationship who admitted she stuck around because she was trying to show him that she was not like his ex.

Abuse is never acceptable in any form and I have a soft-spot and compassion for women who have endured domestic violence. I knew a woman who was killed by a man she broke up with the night before. She was a beautiful person.

Surely did not mean to offend. I just want us to be safe and learn from our mistakes. Definitely not judging either because nothing gives anyone the right to put their hands on someone.

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
I think it upset someone when I said that women cannot afford to put our safety at risk in an attempt to prove that we are "different". This was in reference to a woman who was once in an abusive relationship who admitted she stuck around because she was trying to show him that she was not like his ex.

Abuse is never acceptable in any form and I have a soft-spot and compassion for women who have endured domestic violence. I knew a woman who was killed by a man she broke up with the night before. She was a beautiful person.

Surely did not mean to offend. I just want us to be safe and learn from our mistakes. Definitely not judging either because nothing gives anyone the right to put their hands on someone.
Where/when did that happen? Sounds like a solid take.

Sunshine

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Where/when did that happen? Sounds like a solid take.

Her case is online, so I won't give many details out of respect for her family. But it happened in the South some years back.

Last edited: