Essential Official Random Thoughts Thread (Ladies only)

Justme

Fishy Face 2 U Suckas!LOL
Daps
Reppin
Zamunda
I need to find an internet provider for my house and I'll be damned if I'm paying $80 mthly for some damn Verizon fios internet.

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So I think I want to become an Esthetician.

There is roughly nothing that is marketed to women of color that adresses our skincare issues and if there is something, it isnt mainstream. I am tired of spending boo koo money on skincare just for the shyt not to work :snoop:, yet it claims that it is for "all skin tones/types". And whatever does work is an arm and a damn leg. I want to be able to get facials regularly too, but them shyts are $50+ each :to:.

I want to become one not to merely help people get their skin together and look and feel beautimous, but to also invest in an industry that needs more minorities to alter the minds of these skincare companies so that they can create products that are suitable solely for ethnic skin and adresses our needs/issues.

The industry is saturated with the euopean beauty standard and mainly caters to the cac woman while leaving us brown skin sistas out. :wow:

I think I'm legit about this life :win:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
-I found a Science, Engineering, Math and Aerospace program for children in grades k-12. Programs is offered through NASA but they offer the program at certain universities and Morgan State just happens to be one of them. I'm hoping I can get my daughter in *crosses fingers* They also offer summer camps as well and it's free of charge.

-My nephew is an Engineering major at Morgan and I've already emphasized to him the importance of keeping his grades up because I plan to rape the Engineering program for whatever they have available for him as a student. I hope I can find him an Internship.

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
-I found a Science, Engineering, Math and Aerospace program for children in grades k-12. Programs is offered through NASA but they offer the program at certain universities and Morgan State just happens to be one of them. I'm hoping I can get my daughter in *crosses fingers* They also offer summer camps as well and it's free of charge.

-My nephew is an Engineering major at Morgan and I've already emphasized to him the importance of keeping his grades up because I plan to rape the Engineering program for whatever they have available for him as a student. I hope I can find him an Internship.

You seem so invested and devoted to your daughters education even while she is little. Thats so precious!!

That FREE life is that way to be life :myman:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You seem so invested and devoted to your daughters education even while she is little. Thats so precious!!

That FREE life is that way to be life :myman:

Thank you :smile: Whatever helps pass the time while I'm home waiting for my Welfare and Child support... you know how us singl black mothers are.

Sike but nah, I'm really just trying to give her a broad learning experience, for the free though. I'll have to put out enough money out in her lifetime so if it's free, I might as well take advantage of it.

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Thank you :smile: Whatever helps pass the time while I'm home waiting for my Welfare and Child support... you know how us singl black mothers are.

Sike but nah, I'm really just trying to give her a broad learning experience, for the free though. I'll have to put out enough money out in her lifetime so if it's free, I might as well take advantage of it.

:dead: @ bolded

Exactly! and there are tons of free programs out there for kids now a days. I plan to do the same with my future children... it's all about expanding their little minds without breaking the bank too much.