Essential Official Random Thoughts Thread (Ladies only)

The Electric Lady

Post and toke
Daps
Reppin
Htown
What makeup do y'all use? I'm starting to use makeup more often and I'm at a loss as where to start. My girlfriend suggested I use Mac. Is that a good jumping off point? What are some good palettes?

Daps
sometimes :wow:

2n0tqfs.jpg

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What makeup do y'all use? I'm starting to use makeup more often and I'm at a loss as where to start. My girlfriend suggested I use Mac. Is that a good jumping off point? What are some good palettes?

Depends on what your looking for. Mac is good but it isn't the holy grail of makeup. There are tons of good brands out there. As far as palettes go, Coastal Scents and BHM make some good quality inexpensive ones.

As far as foundation- you should go to sephora and get some samples of some shades to try before you spend $20-40 on a foundation you may not like.

Don't forget a primer to go under- smashbox makes good ones.

I use all brands honestly, I dont discriminate.

Oh, I personally think a good place to start is skincare. No point in wearing makeup if you arn't taking care of the skin under it :manny:

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
I use Iman; Mac foundations are too heavy and orange/red for my liking.

Bobbi Brown also has good makeup for women of color (I'm assuming you're non-white LOL)

Sandy_Cheeks

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Very valuable tips. How do you exfoliate Bonita? What moisturizer/lotion you use?

I use this to exfoliate
24453857-260x260-0-0_Clinique+Clinique+Exfoliating+Scrub.jpg

My all time favorite exfoliant! And i usually use it ever 2-3 days.

I have sensitive oily skin (which I hate:snoop:) so I am loyal to products that work for me since a lot don't.

I use this as my main moisturizer...
philosophy-clear-days-ahead-oil-free-treatment-moisturizer.jpg

I use this daily.

I also use this...
Clinique-Dramatically-Different-Moisturizing-Gel-With-Pump-200ml-6-7oz.jpg

this is my go to in the summer time because it is very light weight, but still moisturizing.

However, for the winter time I have been loving...
414bYlTS%2BFL._SY300_.jpg

It does a good job keeping my skin moisturized without irritating it and creating extra oil.

I am a product junkie ... as you can see lol let me know if You want any other recommendations. :smile:

The Electric Lady

Post and toke
Daps
Reppin
Htown
Every 2-3 days? Girllll I was taught to do exfoliate every two weeks! :dwillhuh::ohhh:

Thank you for the advice. :smile: You don't use any lotions? I've used stuff like Suave all my life. I'm not sure if it's really good for my skin but I keep buying it anyways. :no:

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
Every 2-3 days? Girllll I was taught to do exfoliate every two weeks! :dwillhuh::ohhh:

Thank you for the advice. :smile: You don't use any lotions? I've used stuff like Suave all my life. I'm not sure if it's really good for my skin but I keep buying it anyways. :no:
Body exfoliation or face? Depending upon how gentle the exfoliator is, 2-3 days is good for your face; you'd use a stronger exfoliator for your body (I usually exfoliate my body every week with a brush; my body wash has alpha hydroxy acids in it also, which helps during the week).

I use a face brush (Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleaning system) everyday because it's really gentle.