Essential Official Random Thoughts Thread (Ladies only)

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
There's a way to put your mirrors to eliminate your blind spot.

1. The first step is to adjust the rear-view mirror to do exactly that - give you a view directly to the rear. Position it so that it best covers your view straight out the rear window. Don't bother tilting it to one side or the other to assist with your view of traffic to either side of your car. That's what the side mirrors are for.
  2. Next, lean your head until it almost touches the driver's side window. Then, adjust your left side mirrors so that you can just barely see the side of your car, and no more than that.
  3. Lean your head to the right towards the middle of the car and adjust the right side mirror so that you can just barely see the right side of your car. You should NOT be able to see the side of your car when your head is perfectly upright. After all, why would you want to? When was the last time your own car ran into itself?
  4. Check for blind spots by doing the following: While driving along a four-lane road in the right lane, note a vehicle in the left lane coming up to pass you from behind. Without moving your head, glance in the rear-view mirror and follow it as it approaches your car in the left lane. Just before it disappears from your view in the rear-view mirror, glance to the left side mirror. There it is. Now follow that vehicle in the side mirror as it begins to pass you. Then, just before it disappears from the side mirror, you should see it with your peripheral vision. Notice that without even turning your head, you never had a blind-spot. Then try it with the right side mirror. Watch as you pass a vehicle travelling in the right lane go from your peripheral vision, to your right side mirror, to your rear-view mirror. Again, no blind-spot. If there is a blind spot for even a fraction of a second, your side mirror adjustment needs some fine-tuning
How To Eliminate The Dreaded "Blind Spot"

Also, back pockets... In the front? :ohhh:

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s

1. The first step is to adjust the rear-view mirror to do exactly that - give you a view directly to the rear. Position it so that it best covers your view straight out the rear window. Don't bother tilting it to one side or the other to assist with your view of traffic to either side of your car. That's what the side mirrors are for.
  2. Next, lean your head until it almost touches the driver's side window. Then, adjust your left side mirrors so that you can just barely see the side of your car, and no more than that.
  3. Lean your head to the right towards the middle of the car and adjust the right side mirror so that you can just barely see the right side of your car. You should NOT be able to see the side of your car when your head is perfectly upright. After all, why would you want to? When was the last time your own car ran into itself?
  4. Check for blind spots by doing the following: While driving along a four-lane road in the right lane, note a vehicle in the left lane coming up to pass you from behind. Without moving your head, glance in the rear-view mirror and follow it as it approaches your car in the left lane. Just before it disappears from your view in the rear-view mirror, glance to the left side mirror. There it is. Now follow that vehicle in the side mirror as it begins to pass you. Then, just before it disappears from the side mirror, you should see it with your peripheral vision. Notice that without even turning your head, you never had a blind-spot. Then try it with the right side mirror. Watch as you pass a vehicle travelling in the right lane go from your peripheral vision, to your right side mirror, to your rear-view mirror. Again, no blind-spot. If there is a blind spot for even a fraction of a second, your side mirror adjustment needs some fine-tuning

Bless FORD for these

Ford-Blind-Spot-Mirror_large.jpg

Daps
I don't understand why I was born to such a cruel woman. To be made to endure the screams, beatings and projection....and why the one person who I know loved and protected me could die when I was so young. I spent my whole life being surrounded by people who hate me. How can you be so heartless to a child and expect them to just suck it up and deal as an adult? How does manipulation and cruelty equal love? I just don't understand, and no matter how many tears are in my eyes, the pain just doesn't seem to stop. I've told her I want nothing to do with her nor the rest of them, but she keeps contacting me. "I love you" You don't know what love is. I've finally seen the curtains drop and the truth told. I know I am nothing more than emotional food to feed her negativity and self loathing, but why is she still here? I told her I want nothing to do with her, BUT SHE IS STILL. HERE. I don't call, email or any other form of contact...I didn't even go to my own grandmother's funeral because I didn't want to see any of them. Although she was cruel to her children as was mine to me, she always managed to play the nice g'ma role well. I was born into a well of disease and pain, and she keeps clawing to drag me back into their world. Always the punching bag. If I'm not in pain, I'm alone.

If reincarnation is real, I must have did something horrible to deserve this life.

BHbNPeiLcnixi.gif

Sorry, I just got this voicemail an hour ago and am venting. I just tired. So tired.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
t*ts are looking extra huge today. Cami & low cut cup bra assisted by my pads (yeah that time of the month :sadbron: ) makes me look a while cup bigger. :lolbron:

Daps

thanks for the tip but she was lingering on my left side between the gas door and bumper. my signal light was on and on for several second and i kept looking back but there was no was for me to see that car unless my head turns all therway around like an owl. and yes my mirrors are adjusted correctly.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I don't understand why I was born to such a cruel woman. To be made to endure the screams, beatings and projection....and why the one person who I know loved and protected me could die when I was so young. I spent my whole life being surrounded by people who hate me. How can you be so heartless to a child and expect them to just suck it up and deal as an adult? How does manipulation and cruelty equal love? I just don't understand, and no matter how many tears are in my eyes, the pain just doesn't seem to stop. I've told her I want nothing to do with her nor the rest of them, but she keeps contacting me. "I love you" You don't know what love is. I've finally seen the curtains drop and the truth told. I know I am nothing more than emotional food to feed her negativity and self loathing, but why is she still here? I told her I want nothing to do with her, BUT SHE IS STILL. HERE. I don't call, email or any other form of contact...I didn't even go to my own grandmother's funeral because I didn't want to see any of them. Although she was cruel to her children as was mine to me, she always managed to play the nice g'ma role well. I was born into a well of disease and pain, and she keeps clawing to drag me back into their world. Always the punching bag. If I'm not in pain, I'm alone.

If reincarnation is real, I must have did something horrible to deserve this life.

BHbNPeiLcnixi.gif

Sorry, I just got this voicemail an hour ago and am venting. I just tired. So tired.
Sorry to hear that miss.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
@IttyBittyKitty :therethere: :hug:

Best thing to do is to live afar from them. You can be cordial through da phone but just decline any invitation to meet up.

You have to take care of you and do some inner soul work. You need to learn what real forgiveness is, forgiveness is shedding the weight and the baggage, not excusing people for what they did to you but choosing to no longer carry the pain or burden with you. Once you lighten your load, you will be able to stand up straighter and stronger and be able to face your fears.

I'd recommend you start journaling Or another creative outlet for the pain and emotions, if you haven't already and start reading some self help books and getting therapy if you can afford it.

Life is not easy but change and challenges mean that we are alive, we are being tested, learning and growing.

I wish you the best. I hope you continue to grow and break the cycle of dysfunction in your family. Don't be ashamed because no family is perfect, especially black families because we are still dealing with practices and beliefs that were taught to us from slavery but we can overcome them.

Hurt people hurt people, I'm sure you know and your family is hurt and confused and lashing out. It doesn't mean what they say is true. They are just trying to give their pain to someone else.

You are strong for having survived this long and smart for realizing that those actions are not healthy. You are loved. Though I don't know you, you are my sister and I care for you. But most importantly, you must love, honor and respect yourself. Right now, you are hurting. So take the time to do some restoration on your soul. Spread love, and kindness starting inwards and it will radiate outwards.

Sorry for writing a novel! Lol. It's all out of love. I wish I could share all I know and have and help you. I know where you are coming from. Peace Queen :smile:

Daps
@IttyBittyKitty :therethere: :hug:

Best thing to do is to live afar from them. You can be cordial through da phone but just decline any invitation to meet up.

You have to take care of you and do some inner soul work. You need to learn what real forgiveness is, forgiveness is shedding the weight and the baggage, not excusing people for what they did to you but choosing to no longer carry the pain or burden with you. Once you lighten your load, you will be able to stand up straighter and stronger and be able to face your fears.

I'd recommend you start journaling Or another creative outlet for the pain and emotions, if you haven't already and start reading some self help books and getting therapy if you can afford it.

Life is not easy but change and challenges mean that we are alive, we are being tested, learning and growing.

I wish you the best. I hope you continue to grow and break the cycle of dysfunction in your family. Don't be ashamed because no family is perfect, especially black families because we are still dealing with practices and beliefs that were taught to us from slavery but we can overcome them.

Hurt people hurt people, I'm sure you know and your family is hurt and confused and lashing out. It doesn't mean what they say is true. They are just trying to give their pain to someone else.

You are strong for having survived this long and smart for realizing that those actions are not healthy. You are loved. Though I don't know you, you are my sister and I care for you. But most importantly, you must love, honor and respect yourself. Right now, you are hurting. So take the time to do some restoration on your soul. Spread love, and kindness starting inwards and it will radiate outwards.

Sorry for writing a novel! Lol. It's all out of love. I wish I could share all I know and have and help you. I know where you are coming from. Peace Queen :smile:

This is the first time I read a response and felt it was genuine. I've heard things like this before (not much because I don't share much of anything to anyone), but I never believed what they said, as if they were pulling an insincere Sinclair on me. I have a hard time trusting anything anyone says or does to me, but for the first time, I feel like someone truly sympathized with me, and I feel your warmth and truly appreciate it.

As far as therapy, I have tried before with disastrous results, and without knowing what was going on in my head. Luckily, I got the results of my reality last month, and was advised to find someone who works with CBT, IPT AND attachment theory. So, it will be awhile before I can find someone. I started writing in a journal again last month...can't remember what prompted that. Funny enough, the clinical psychologist who gave me my diagnosis from the testing told me that I was extremely intelligent and open minded enough to change my behavior alone if I wanted to (with knowledge of current psychological literature to aid me of course). My behaviors and thoughts can be changed as long as I'm making the effort to change them...

Now, I'm rambling. Anyway, I'm feeling slightly better now. Maybe because I have a plan to dispense of this negative energy from me once and for all. Pos repped.

Daps
thanks for the tip but she was lingering on my left side between the gas door and bumper. my signal light was on and on for several second and i kept looking back but there was no was for me to see that car unless my head turns all therway around like an owl. and yes my mirrors are adjusted correctly.

I'm not sure if anybody has mentioned this or not, but I have blind spot mirrors in the corners of my side mirrors and there is no such thing as a blind spot for me anymore.

They look like these.

41YClS2f7QL._SX425_.jpg