Official RAMY (Muslim comedy on Hulu) Thread

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Millenial comedy, and millenial showrunners of a multitude of different backgrounds, have been the source of the best comedy shows for a while. Atlanta, Insecure, Master of None, Ramy, Girls(I know many of y'all don't fukk with it:whoa:), etc, have all shifted the genre to a more surreal, dark, and straight up weird territory. If you think about it, Ramy is like a worse, yet more self aware Seinfeld cast member. Self absorbed, selfish, and self destructive. While Seinfeld could make you cringe at times, it never took things anywhere near this far. Their lack of self awareness was a huge source of the humor. Meanwhile, self analysis and continued destructive behavior seems to be a theme in a lot of these newer comedies.

Tribaligenesis

All Star
Daps
Millenial comedy, and millenial showrunners of a multitude of different backgrounds, have been the source of the best comedy shows for a while. Atlanta, Insecure, Master of None, Ramy, Girls(I know many of y'all don't fukk with it:whoa:), etc, have all shifted the genre to a more surreal, dark, and straight up weird territory. If you think about it, Ramy is like a worse, yet more self aware Seinfeld cast member. Self absorbed, selfish, and self destructive. While Seinfeld could make you cringe at times, it never took things anywhere near this far. Their lack of self awareness was a huge source of the humor. Meanwhile, self analysis and continued destructive behavior seems to be a theme in a lot of these newer comedies.

You could ad fleabag to that. I've you've not seen it, comes highly recommended

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
You could ad fleabag to that. I've you've not seen it, comes highly recommended
My backlog is so brolic, fam:mjlol:That's another one on there. I'd have listed Barry or Russian Doll, but their creators fall just north of the "millenial" age range, even though their subject matter is definitely relevant to it.

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And we dont talk about it anymore but Louie was maybe the first one to do it.
Yep Louie shows Louis knew he was a dirtbag before he was exposed as one... he's just been trying to deal with it his whole life - the truth is the most complicated people, are the most intriguing and sometimes most talented.

Separate note, where does everything think Ramy goes from here? He has reached rock bottom - you can ruin your own life, but once you start ruining others, and you see how destructive you are, that is usually a defining moment in truly changing

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Yep Louie shows Louis knew he was a dirtbag before he was exposed as one... he's just been trying to deal with it his whole life - the truth is the most complicated people, are the most intriguing and sometimes most talented.

Separate note, where does everything think Ramy goes from here? He has reached rock bottom - you can ruin your own life, but once you start ruining others, and you see how destructive you are, that is usually a defining moment in truly changing
For Ramy, personally, I see either therapy (something that's always been complicated in minority communities) or straight down the rabbit hole of haram:mjlol:

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps

I think its obvious where its heading and there are subtle signs that Ramy will become radicalized and become a jihadi and die in a suicide attack.

:russ:jk but seriously it seems like an islamic bojack horseman where he says he wants to change but doesnt. Eventually he is going to accept that he is his own undoing and will commit to being a good person not just a good muslim and that he was using his faith as a crutch to avoid accountability.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA

I can't see any redemption for a man that fukking stupid :hubie:

S.W.A.G.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't see any redemption for a man that fukking stupid :hubie:

Sheikh was like ":pacspit:fukk YOU"

Ramy was still coping pleas like what he did was nothing big and all can be fixed:hubie:

Him committing to being a good person away from religion demands him to truly discover who he is and what he values/wants and can contribute to society. Religion is such an interesting mechanism to help guide people towards such a path - but with Ramy you are seeing this doesn't quite work. I am intrigued to see how he will find his calling - he will prob end up pissing off any therapist he sees or fukking them or some shyt :russ: or go full heel. I would love to see him find his own path away from religion/faith and even his family and hopefully him coming full circle by incorporating it back in his life when he has stability rather than just seeing it as a tool to just fix all his problems.