Official PS5 launch and game discussion

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dual sense feels amazing. The adaptive triggers feel amazing in the few levels I've tried in Astrobot.

It is SILENT. Like it's a night and day difference from the PS4. I literally can't hear it even with the game volume down all the way.

The UI is pretty sleek and fast. I notice a slight lag though when hitting the home button to bring up the action center. Don't know if it's to do with Astro Bot.

The lack of themes hurts it imo. I miss my Persona and FFVII R theme :mjcry:

Looks fine horizontally though. Vertically I'm not feeling it since it looks giant in my set-up. I may try again vertically to see now that I have everything hooked up.

Last edited:

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
If your playing PS4 games off an external does boost mode work or do they have to be on the ssd?

I know I've heard the answer to this before but can't remember.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Anyone getting Godfall? :ld: Looks like a Souls x Destiny hybrid. :lupe:

I've seen some gameplay footage and couldn't decide (the dude playing sucked :pacspit:). Glad now I didn't pre-order it. :whew:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

I've seen some gameplay footage and couldn't decide (the dude playing sucked :pacspit:). Glad now I didn't pre-order it. :whew:
Think I'ma cop tomorrow when I cop Demon Souls....trying to control my impulse buying - hoping Miles, Destiny 2 and COD will keep me busy enough that I won't want to cop.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps

I’m playing it only 2-3 hours in. Graphics and framerate is great. Combat is deep, but it’s not button masher friendly. You got to parry, evade block, know when to combo...it’s more skill based and there’s gonna be a big gap between good and bad players.

It’s a next gen action rpg. It’s like destiny, diablo, pso where your gonna just be grinding zones for equipment. So if you don’t like looters don’t play it. A lot of customization options too.

Aim locking is not that good I hardly use it, and camera can get shaky when your surrounded.. I’d give it a 7-8 right now it’s not bad at all.

I don’t go near games that score in the 60’s especially not for full price

most of those scores are from the PC version which was released yesterday and poorly optimized unless you have a high end pc. PS5 is buttery smooth and this is the type of game that you can’t really rate until endgame anyway...kotaku just dropped a real positive review