[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
As much as I've grown to love Persona over the last few years, my P3 collectors edition from Japan will be collecting dust until I've sat with and finished REBIRF :to:

Thats why im not even considering it. Jan-march is bookt and bizzy for gaming

lil-wayne-rebirth-cover.jpg

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
362.jpg

We spent two days at Square Enix's headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, seeing new sections of Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and speaking to the legends of the team that made it. This cover story, along with our exclusive coverage spread out over the next few weeks, should give you a good idea of what to expect when the game launches in February. On top of that, this issue dives into our favorite games of 2023, giving you a full rundown of the best that the year had to offer.
Our cover art this month was designed in part by Tetsuya Nomura, one of the aforementioned legends we spoke to. It features a fiery image of the series' antagonist, Sephiroth, on the front, while the flames extend to the back side of the cover art, barely reaching a determined profile of our hero, Cloud Strife. So much of Final Fantasy VII Rebirth focuses on the relationships between characters, and this art emphasizes the strained relationship between these two former allies. You'll learn more about the making of the Final Fantasy VII Remake series, how Rebirth is expanding the series in several ways, how the team is approaching certain scenes, and much more in our 12-page cover story!

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Game Informer: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Will Be 100 Hrs Long, (40hr Main Story), New Towns, Seamless Open World, New Mini Games and More New Details​

ffviirebirth_minigame.jpg

As someone who loves Remake, continuing the story of Cloud and his friends is immediately appealing, but it's the more open nature of this game that is calling my name. In fact, according to Hamaguchi, side content makes up about 80 percent of the exploration-based content, but even just focusing on the main storyline, players can still expect about 40 hours of gameplay. Meanwhile, those who do a good amount of side content should expect approximately a 60-hour playthrough, while the most dedicated sidequesters could top the 100-hour mark for their save file.

ffviirebirth_game_informer_exclusive_7.jpg

Last edited:

DripSzn

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New York
Really hoping the sidequest in this game are much better than remake
They obviously will be, but imo, the side quests in Remake were good. Most led to interesting combat situations that allowed me to really utilize the game's excellent combat system.

Besides, there was only 4 chapters with side quests, so it's not like they were in abundance.