Official Power Season 1 Thread

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Is this shyt worth watching? Never watched this or Empire

eastside313

Superstar
Daps
Rewatched S1 the other week and the level at which the show fell off was at neck breaking speed. The writing and direction was tighter. It wanted to take itself seriously, but quickly got out of hand by the end of Season 2. Courtney Kemp had bought into her own hype and turned it to another Empire.

One big issue is that Ghost and Tommy in Episode 5 talk about the rap group they made in the 80s. The last scene of the final episode is in the mid 90s when they were teens. Raising Kanan takes place in 92 when Kanan is 15. They never adhered to what the previous series had set up. There's no sense of continuity in the Power Cinematic Universe.
:pachaha: Big issue for who. Don’t nobody care or even know that.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Courtney Kemp became too emotional and injected her personal life into the show.

I've heard she hated her father and wrote that bullshyt into Ghost's character.

No wonder why Omari don't fukk with her all the show at all.

Power blew up because of him and his character yet everyone gets to eat off the show BUT him.

Man fukk Courtney Kemp

Adonis

All Star
Daps
Reppin
I'm the greatest, something like Ali in his prime
I've heard she hated her father and wrote that bullshyt into Ghost's character.

No wonder why Omari don't fukk with her all the show at all.

Power blew up because of him and his character yet everyone gets to eat off the show BUT him.

Man fukk Courtney Kemp
Yeah, that's what I heard too. CK was also projecting her daddy issues onto Tariq's character. She really fukked this show up.

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
Skipped this franchise for years because of 50's bad acting.
On season 2 now.
shyt is about as bad/good/wack/corny/unbelievable as Sons Of Anarchy and just as entertaining.

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Skipped this franchise for years because of 50's bad acting.
shyt is about as bad/good/wack/corny/unbelievable as Sons Of Anarchy and just as entertaining.

Funny you say that. Both shows started out with quality fukkery and both transformed by unrestrained fukkery because the creators lost their minds :francis:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Good show, my only complaint is the broad playing Angela. She looks good, but can't act.

Tasha is fine as fukk. I'd impregnate her without a second thought....
I thought the chick that played Angela was the wrong choice too. She's half mexican half white. Jaina Lee Ortiz would've been perfect for that role