Official Power Book IV: Force Season 1 Thread

Baracka Flocka Flame

Coast to Coast
Daps
Reppin
LA & NJ
Off one episode you going off that?

Yes, based off the dialogue acting and cinematography I can tell.

It gives me feels of Your Honor and Ozark more so than POWER Book II and certainly better than the last serious of power.

I will also say is what ruins POWER I and II is their commitment to have these so called popular non actors such as LaLa, Mary J Blige, Naturi and Method Man. None of them were strong enough in acting to handle their roles and Zeke is just comedic relief.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This is way better than GHOST. It’s not even close.

Different caliber in production, script, realism and cinematography.

This is tied with Raising Kanan to me for best produced show so far.

GHOST is a distant last. The actors can’t act and the situations and explanations are fantasy.
All facts
Iykyk

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Eh. The first sex scene was random as hell n unnecessary waste of time when you tryna build a new storyline n what not in a first episode. Second one was eh too. But anything better than them pointless ass battymon scenes smh. The black brother was ehh too.
I feel you but those were actually very important scenes.

Tommy's scene showed that ole girl was a widow which he immediately connects to given he's still grieving LaKeisha. Tommy will continue to come around her because he feels like she gets what he's going through.

The lesbian scene was really about the glow in the dark coke they were doing off each other. The sister is probably gonna try to get in the game moving whatever that shyt is to prove she can do "a man's job".

The sex scenes were gratuitous, obviously, but those scenes did move the story forward :manny:

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is way better than GHOST. It’s not even close.

Different caliber in production, script, realism and cinematography.

This is tied with Raising Kanan to me for best produced show so far.

GHOST is a distant last. The actors can’t act and the situations and explanations are fantasy.
I completely agree with all of this. You can see a clear upgrade in all other areas from Ghost. Definitely will be locked in all season

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Finally

I get to see some titties again and lesbian sex scenea :shaq: Also wtf is this hakf brother Tommy got and how the fukk is it Kate Egans son and Tommy didnt knkw about

Given her history of drug use she may have mentioned it but it was chalked up to her being high as fukk

Right out of Ray Donovan (and Shameless) with that goofy shyt. At least with Shameless we KNEW Liam was likely a kid that Monica just wound up with during her fiend days.

Just take Carl from Shameless, make him the younger brother that Tommy is trying to keep away from the fukkery and use it has Tommy trying to be the "mentor" that he never got to be for Tariq.

And then make it so the kid brother lived a nice life in Chicago with his pops (not Tommy's dad obviously) and Tommy secretly feels some kinda way because he never knew his dad until the very end. So there's a bit of resentment for the little brother baked in while he tries to show him some love instead of hating on him for shyt that neither of them had control of.

Meanwhile, the kid brother's dad is on some "I don't want you being a bad influence on him" and even offering Tommy money to stay away. When Tommy refuses, the dad taps his street connects to wipe him out except those connects are tied to Flynn and have no issue dealing with Tommy as long as he's useful to them.

Man fukk this — Courtney needs to hire me

Funny you mention this given the post-credits scene from the Ghost finale where he plays young Tommy

KingsOfKings

𝕄𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕚𝕓 𝕚𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒𝕥
Daps
Don't know if it's been mentioned but in the very beginning of the episode that house that Tommy pulled up at is the same house that Reg was trapping out on The Chi.