Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 2 Thread

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
IONO man that weird face, flat chest and deep voice....point is suddenly Effie is bi out of nowhere. I know representation is needed and blah blah blah, but Power just seems to overdo it.

Agreed.

I ain't against nobody in the LGBTQ community as everyone has to have representation but to just make Effie bi out of thin air is just crazy. Last season they have her fukk Tariq now this season she's bi all of sudden and sleeping w/ a possible trans chick? Absolutely wild.

At least in the original Power series when they introduced Jukebox she came in the show as a lesbian. When Raising Kanan started this year at least they went into developing why & how Juke was a lesbian.

LieutenantDan

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agreed.

I ain't against nobody in the LGBTQ community as everyone has to have representation but to just make Effie bi out of thin air is just crazy. Last season they have her fukk Tariq now this season she's bi all of sudden and sleeping w/ a possible trans chick? Absolutely wild.

At least in the original Power series when they introduced Jukebox she came in the show as a lesbian. When Raising Kanan started this year at least they went into developing why & how Juke was a lesbian.

It's Courtney's idea, the execs told her to tone down the gay shyt for the audience but she insisted on it.

What else interests you?

I want to challenge my audience. I want to be pushed or to push people. I love honest, frank talk about race, gender and sexuality. It’s not a small thing to me. When we were creating the characters in Ghost, one of the sons in the drug-dealing family is gay and has a relationship. There were people who were like, “You shouldn’t do that because the audience won’t like it.” Well, if you make a show about people who are college-age in 2021 and everyone is straight, you’re an a$$hole. You’re an a$$hole if you make that show.

Once it aired, did you get a sense of what the audience thought?

There were a lot more supporters than detractors. We did get negative pushback from the members of the audience that were like, “What is this, Empire?” For sure. Look at Lil Nas X and how many people come for him — how dangerous it’s been for him. We’ve got to keep pushing. We’ve got to keep pushing on every level.

Courtney Kemp Is Trading ‘Power’ for Scale at Netflix – The Hollywood Reporter

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
It's Courtney's idea, the execs told her to tone down the gay shyt for the audience but she insisted on it.

Courtney Kemp Is Trading ‘Power’ for Scale at Netflix – The Hollywood Reporter

Didn't read the link yet but Courtney Kemp sort of playing fire with the audience Power brings in. If this show start losing a major part of viewers them execs gone start getting her ass.

Power isn't the type of series where the writing is consistently good to begin with. Every damn season has at least 2 filler episodes or character decisions that doesn't make sense. That's why I watch try to watch the shyt when it hits at midnight and get it over with. I'm not trying to take an hour during the day to watch it when I can do something else.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Got damn Professor Milgram….

she is stacked

but it looks like the whole cast of Power done smashed:
- Davis MacLean
- jabari
- the detective
- Zeke’s autism Danny Boy lookin ass

shyt, who’s next?

And Effie better stop acting like she doesn’t still have feelings for Tariq. Breh is keeping all of these bytches at arms length and he’s smart for keeping it that way

Last edited:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Why’d they do Red like that? :laff:

:laff:
EPSb1Jll.png

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
-Tariq is definitely Lloyd Banks son
-why Dry always making that face like he thinking about getting revenge on somebody or he need to shyt?
-Effie dykin'!
-Diana naive AF
-Kane cold AF
-why Mef sound like a supervillain
-Who else expected Monet to start singing when that New Edition was playing?
-Lauren need to just buss it open

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
IONO man that weird face, flat chest and deep voice....point is suddenly Effie is bi out of nowhere. I know representation is needed and blah blah blah, but Power just seems to overdo it.

It doesn’t make much sense and in like half of semester suddenly Effie is superdyke and beating bytches up in an alley 10 mins after smashing some chick in her dorm.

So we magically forget that she hooked up with Tariq and basically was heartbroken seeing him around Lauren?

I get that she has this tough edge to her but the gay thing seems too forced and now she’s gonna teach Diana how to trap and go to school :russ:

Money gonna get wind of it and slap the shyt out of both of them and tell them to go to the basement to make sure right around of brick is there. And it BETTER not be sugar this time :usure:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
-Tariq is definitely Lloyd Banks son
-why Dry always making that face like he thinking about getting revenge on somebody or he need to shyt?
-Effie dykin'!
-Diana naive AF
-Kane cold AF
-why Mef sound like a supervillain
-Who else expected Monet to start singing when that New Edition was playing?
-Lauren need to just buss it open

Diana gotta let this going to college shyt go.

First, how the fukk is she gonna magically go to school? Where is her paperwork? Wouldn’t shock me if she never finished high school because those hours are the perfect time to do bookkeeping for Monet and being in one place where eyes can always be on her.

Then, how the fukk is she gonna pay tuition, dorm and expenses.

Next, there is no way Monet even considers it. She flat out don’t want Diana within 10ft of Tariq’s airspace so she damn sure ain’t gonna have her bussing it open on a campus.

So her saying that going to school can help with Zeke’s pro money is dumb when he’s gonna be in the draft shortly while she will STILL be in school.

If Diana wants to run away so badly she better apply to Oxford.