Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 1 Thread

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
the fact that both tasha and tariq INSIST on lying to their own attorney over who really killed ghost is infuriating.

even if they admitted tariq did it and then method man snitched, not only would method man get disbarred, but that evidence would be completely inadmissible.

which brings me back to my first point. why the hell are they constantly lying to their own lawyers?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Exactly. And he still mumbles, which makes him still seems like a kid to me. Plus he killed off the most popular character in the original Power, and got his sister killed and his mom locked up. And he basically got Kanan killed by snitching on him. He's a dumpster fire of a character.

As much as I hated Tommy's fake New York hood accent, I felt like he at least made some exciting scenes, especially when him and Ghost were doing their thing.

And Omari Hardwick really killed his role. Even when the writing was bad, Ghost made the show watchable.

I totally agree. tariq cannot carry a show. and the second half of the last season of power where ghost was essentially absent exemplifies why this show needs a strong lead like ghost. that's why the last 5 episodes were some complete :trash:

they dragged out the ghost murder storyline far too long. and now they are doubling down on it with this show, except ghost isn't in it.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
the fact that both tasha and tariq INSIST on lying to their own attorney over who really killed ghost is infuriating.

even if they admitted tariq did it and then method man snitched, not only would method man get disbarred, but that evidence would be completely inadmissible.

which brings me back to my first point. why the hell are they constantly lying to their own lawyers?

They’d all be protected under attorney client privilege I believe. Even if he quit being their lawyer, he can’t openly disclose any information that was said prior. With that being said, it would be nullified if Tasha tells him that Tariq did it only so that he can help her/them cover up the crime.

I have always felt that the storyline was dumb anyways as Blanca saw Saxe there that night and failed to follow up on what happened right after he helped her up.

Last edited:

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Meth is doing a great job. To say he's doing a bad job is being unable to accept him in a role without a blunt and some oversized FUBU gear. Let it go. This man went to acting coaches and speaks with a tender lisp in interviews now. He worked hard for this. Let him cook.

Now Mary? Gahh damn! Meth needs to slide her his coaches number. This chick has NO note as opposed to 1 like someone said earlier. I saw her in this flick Body Cam and she had literally no reaction to anything going on. Just like now. Like when she was in bed with the cop dude....uh we supposed to think yall just finished fukking?? 1 your make up and hair look like you just laid down. And your body language as this nikka was holding you "post sex" screamed "I'M CREEPED OUT"! When Uncle Frank came in, your "outrage" was dry af. It didn't come across cool at all if that's what they wanna pretend your characters vibe is. You were reciting lines in a "slightly elevated volume, suspicious tone". If I was directing her, I'd have to make the emotion I need conveyed relatable to her. For the Uncle Frank scene, I'd have asked her to recall a time when a record exec or somebody in the music biz was blowing smoke at her that she knew was smoke. I'd ask her to recall how she felt inside at the time. What was her body language? That energy when you set the exec straight? Thats what I need right now. You a pop star Mary. I know you had a lil boy toy before. Someone who knew to be around you, he had to deliver A1 every time. You knew how to control him (or her fukk it). I need that energy for every scene with your cop lover.

Acting hard yall. That's why all our favs are NUTS.

Travelnomad

Banned
Daps
Golly the acting is so bad on this show ? I know I sound like a broken record but this shyt is just a soap opera since Season 3 of power the acting & writing took a major hit

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Golly the acting is so bad on this show ? I know I sound like a broken record but this shyt is just a soap opera since Season 3 of power the acting & writing took a major hit
:dead:

but yea, this show (meaning the OG as well), always had medicore to bad acting to me (not sure what people in here mean by omari killed his role, he's average as hell to me...his angry faces are still comedy). but i don't expect A-list acting skill on a B-list show

Travelnomad

Banned
Daps
:dead:

but yea, this show (meaning the OG as well), always had medicore to bad acting to me (not sure what people in here mean by omari killed his role, he's average as hell to me...his angry faces are still comedy). but i don't expect A-list acting skill on a B-list show

it was a lot more believable in the early seasons , ghost was doing hits while wearing gloves etc , weren’t as many plot holes . now the acting is just so cringe , at least Meth is trying , I like Mary but she’s not good at acting at all

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it was a lot more believable in the early seasons , ghost was doing hits while wearing gloves etc , weren’t as many plot holes . now the acting is just so cringe , at least Meth is trying , I like Mary but she’s not good at acting at all
Meth is terrible. Mary is okay.