Official Power Book II: Ghost Season 1 Thread

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Good p*ssy and she play with his emotions and it’s like a fantasy to dude to be fukking a queen pin she manipulates him that simple
Ain’t no p*ssy good enough to keep a man steady getting dogged out in every interaction. Only the most beta of beta dude would put up with that, and in that case, she needs to slap herself for continuously whining about him not protecting her when she’s messing with a weak ass man

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
What college are you at?? University of Thotland?
:mjtf:

I'm not sure how often, but it does happen...I think moreso to Professor Assistants..you do all of the work/research/compile the entire thing, but not properly credited, while the Prof gets published. But your compensation is supposed to be "learning how to use their contacts."

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Me watching this show :pachaha:

These professors man.... Not sure where they are going with this angle but how they gonna make the chick a sex fiend and I haven't seen them titties yet. Power used to be good for that...

I'm just still having a hard time rooting for Tariq and Tasha knowing they killed Ghost and I still don't really know why.

Because at the end of the day, they're still pieces of shyt who got themselves into this mess, and we're expected to see them as the heroes.

I'm going to be honest. I thought it was possible to root for Tariq. I really didn't think so. I went into this show expecting to hate him, but the writers finally decided to tone him down. And then he gave the eulogy at Ghost's funeral which signified that he was starting to let go of his hatred for his dad. He was beginning to understand Ghost because he saw parts of Ghost in himself. :obama:

And then they undo all of that with that scene at the cemetery. :mjtf:

That made me realize these writers will never learn. It doesn't matter what good things Tariq does at this point. It doesn't matter how much he loves Tasha, it doesn't matter how much they try humanizing him with Lauren or Diane or Brayden or Zeke. He hasn't changed. He's still the same a$$hole who killed his father on one of the most important nights of his career, his life, because he didn't want to own up to a murder he committed. And he wanted Ghost to take the weight even though he said himself in the episode a week ago that "You may have given me life, but you were never my fukking father." Now, he's blaming Ghost for Tasha being in jail. "If you didn't make me kill you, me and Mom wouldn't have been so stupid and none of this would have happened. You're making us take accountability for our actions! fukk you, Ghost! :damn:"

You know what? I'm bringing it back: Tariq is a fukking sociopath. Throw him under the jail, I'm......I'm done. :unimpressed:

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
Because at the end of the day, they're still pieces of shyt who got themselves into this mess, and we're expected to see them as the heroes.

I'm going to be honest. I thought it was possible to root for Tariq. I really didn't think so. I went into this show expecting to hate him, but the writers finally decided to tone him down. And then he gave the eulogy at Ghost's funeral which signified that he was starting to let go of his hatred for his dad. He was beginning to understand Ghost because he saw parts of Ghost in himself. :obama:

And then they undo all of that with that scene at the cemetery. :mjtf:

That made me realize these writers will never learn. It doesn't matter what good things Tariq does at this point. It doesn't matter how much he loves Tasha, it doesn't matter how much they try humanizing him with Lauren or Diane or Brayden or Zeke. He hasn't changed. He's still the same a$$hole who killed his father on one of the most important nights of his career, his life, because he didn't want to own up to a murder he committed. And he wanted Ghost to take the weight even though he said himself in the episode a week ago that "You may have given me life, but you were never my fukking father." Now, he's blaming Ghost for Tasha being in jail. "If you didn't make me kill you, me and Mom wouldn't have been so stupid and none of this would have happened. You're making us take accountability for our actions! fukk you, Ghost! :damn:"

You know what? I'm bringing it back: Tariq is a fukking sociopath. Throw him under the jail, I'm......I'm done. :unimpressed:

Him and tasha give me joffrey vibes

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Michael Rainy keeps doing the best he can with whats given. He’s carrying the show (along with Method Man) but the writing is REALLY getting kind of shytty.

Tariq getting fukked up and just spewing confessions reminded me of the hammy shyt they used to do in the first season of Empire (the only season I watched)

Diana grabbing Tariq’s gun was stupid as fukk and just terrible writing. Even in a “newcomer” to the game would know that grabbing a random nikka’s gun makes no sense. I THOUGHT she was grabbing it to hide it FOR him and the next morning when he came too she was going to return it to prove that he could “trust” her. But naw, that would make too much sense.

Tariq trusting the dumb ass, loud, obnoxious, STUPID, white boy with info on the operation was :mindblown:

Not gonna lie, the scene where Mary J asked Tariq which one of her kids he could trust and he said “Me” and she gave him the :myman: was cool as hell. Even though I felt it wasn’t quite earned yet. That might’ve been the dopest scene so far in the series.

The Professor arc should be completely omitted. Its stupid as hell and if I were the actress playing the female i’d feel some type of way about LITERALLY being used as whore for every single episode. She has had sex in literally EVERY SINGLE EPISODE with NO character development. I don’t even know her name, I just call her “Whore Professor”. Jabari stealing Tariq’s paper:mjlol:. Its not even like the lil nikka is writing Tanahesi Coates level shyt. Why didn’t he just steal Zeke’s work if Tariq was doing HIS papers?