Official NOPE Thread

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I recall seeing mass disappointment from the folks who read the leaks earlier, but I still can’t wait to watch it. Wish I could’ve avoided that second trailer though.

I am still going to watch it. I didnt know people said the movie was a letdown too from earlier leaks. Oh wow, guess we going to have to see for ourselves.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I am still going to watch it. I didnt know people said the movie was a letdown too from earlier leaks. Oh wow, guess we going to have to see for ourselves.
I’m just glad this is a bonafide Peele flick - no caveats this time. His horror has a unique flavor ala Aster and Eggers. There was this excitement during the Monkeypaw Productions ID roll last August, but I couldn’t help but feel slightly disappointed being greeted with Candyman (2021) and not the new, nightmarish tale from Jordan himself.

We’re byke.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Oh lord. I remember the Hitchcock comparisons from around the time when Us dropped. I haven’t seen the movie yet, they could very well be apt with the comp, but some of the things these folks be saying during opening week have me cracking up.

Like….what? :dead:

Exactly!!!

And I rocks with Jordan Peele. But dudes can't see a spade for a spade with these "I just got red carpet, exclusive screening, meet and greet with the cast access to *insert movie here* and let me tell you uNbiAs that THE MOVIE IS AMAZING!!!!!"

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Gonna post up in here and prepare to defend this movie under any circumstances :mjgrin:
Peele Coalition Team when that embargo lifts. :whew:

45yfgm.gif

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Also us was wack

I remember yall was on here creating theories n shyt

See 5 on it means we would rather spend $$$ on a blunt!!!

Brehs were making that movie deeper than it really was with those theories when that trailer drop. "See the clones represent the oppress black people out for revenge against the materialistic black people". :dead: