Daps
Huntsman_in_Box_by_Angela_Sanders.jpg

This pic can be useful. :lolbron:

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Dangerous Science NOPEs

So one of my friends texted me this shyt earlier

EXCLUSIVE: Controversial experiments that could make bird flu more risky poised to resume

“Controversial lab studies that modify bird flu viruses in ways that could make them more risky to humans will soon resume after being on hold for more than 4 years. ScienceInsider has learned that last year, a U.S. government review panel quietly approved experiments proposed by two labs that were previously considered so dangerous that federal officials had imposed an unusual top-down moratorium on such research.”
:dahell:
I don’t wanna read anymore of this shyt...NOPE!

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Meanwhile, we also thinking about creating black holes:wtf:

Breaking Open A Black Hole: The World's Most Dangerous Experiment | OilPrice.com

As paraphrased by NBC’s science news site MACH, “the particles crashing about inside an accelerator could unleash bits of ‘strange matter’ that shrink Earth into a ball 300 feet across. In another [scenario], the experiments could create a microscopic black hole that would inexorably gnaw away at our planet from the inside. In the most extreme scenario Rees describes, a physics mishap could cause space itself to decay into a new form that wipes out everything from here to the farthest star.” Rees himself recognizes that these scenarios are extremely unlikely, but in the author’s own words, "given the stakes, they should not be ignored.”

:camby:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds

Breaking Open A Black Hole: The World's Most Dangerous Experiment | OilPrice.com

As paraphrased by NBC’s science news site MACH, “the particles crashing about inside an accelerator could unleash bits of ‘strange matter’ that shrink Earth into a ball 300 feet across. In another [scenario], the experiments could create a microscopic black hole that would inexorably gnaw away at our planet from the inside. In the most extreme scenario Rees describes, a physics mishap could cause space itself to decay into a new form that wipes out everything from here to the farthest star.” Rees himself recognizes that these scenarios are extremely unlikely, but in the author’s own words, "given the stakes, they should not be ignored.”

Im down

Ill propel myself into it with how im feeling right now

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876

They do this at CERN everyday when they create the higgs boson. My understanding is they evaporate out of existence and collapse onto their own weight. They last for milli seconds. BUT if they did create one we wouldn't know as we wouldn't be able to see it as no light can escape and all that.

Last edited:

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
They do this at CERN everyday when they create the higgs boson. My understanding is they evaporate out of existence and collapse onto their own weight. They last for milli seconds. BUT if they did create one we wouldn't know as we wouldn't be able to see it as no light can escape and all that.
Da hell?!!! Omg:picard: luckily it’s unlikely that some shyt will go down but god help us if it does!!!