Essential Official Netflix Thread

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
they removed the first 48 from netflix?! :damn:
yeah man, I was almost done with the whole thing too :to:

BTW, I started researching a bit more on that Vanilla Sky ending and found 2 things...first a video of the ending slowed down:

Then this text which really made me go :ohhh:
After David's face was disfigured in the car accident, he lost Sofia - the girl he fell in love with at the party - or more specifically, his chances to win her were ruined. He couldn't win her after having lost his good looks and also because his behavior had changed for the worst as a psychological reaction after what he had gone through. He was not just only a little bit ugly to look at, but also became rude and mean to Sofia, his best friend and everybody else in his surroundings. And eventually this ruined his chances to win Sofia, his love.

So the night when he fell asleep on the pavement, after Sofia had left him, he simply couldn't take it anymore. This was the last time he ever really saw Sofia. So one night, depressed and heartbroken, he came in contact with the L.E (The Life Extension Company) over the Internet. L.E is a company that mainly focuses on extending people's lifes by freezing them and preserving them in vessels so that they can live much longer (a process known as cryonics), for different personal reasons. L.E can also provide the frozen person with a Lucid Dream in which the person can control the directions and events in his or her artificial life.

So, in David's desperate attempt to escape from his pain, after having lost Sofia, he signed a contract with L.E. The following night he killed himself by deliberately overdosing prescription medication. Within an hour after this event, he was taken care of by L.E and preserved in a vessel in which he was frozen. While David was frozen, L.E could, with advanced technology, go inside the mind of David and make it possible for him to create his Lucid Dream, where David could determine, direct and control the course of his life in this Lucid Dream of his. His Lucid Dream was sculpted by him and everything is a creation of his own mind. And therefore David could be with Sofia in the Lucid Dream state, which was the reason why he signed the contract with L.E. and sold himself to their Lucid Dream option. So in order for the Lucid Dream to function, L.E erased David's real memories of what really happened when he woke up on the pavement, including his death. The memory of his death was wiped out. So in David's mind the Lucid Dream began when he was woken up by Sofia, and everything from here is sculpted by his own mind.

When he signed the contract they made the deal to give him the choice to stay in the Lucid Dream with Sofia (until science had found a "cure" to fix his face and body), or to be revived from his frozen state so he could return to a normal life (and have his face and body fixed). But it took 150 years for science to develop the technique to fix his facial disfigurements and damaged body.

So at the end of the movie, when he was confronted with the choice to wake up from his Lucid Dream or to stay in it and be with Sofia, he would wake up 150 years after he first was frozen, IF he would choose to be revived again (which he did). And since David had been frozen for 150 years means that Sofia, his best friend and all the other characters seen before David went into the Lucid Dream state had died a long time ago. And he had also lost his wealth during these many years. Regarding the time when his Lucid Dream began, one possible explanation is that the artificial life in David's Lucid Dream was experienced by him as having occurred only for a few weeks, while 150 years had passed in the real world. Another possible explanation is that his Lucid Dream started 150 years after he was frozen, but weeks before he was revived, and that the "splice" (the period when David was frozen but when the Lucid Dream had not yet begun) had occurred for 150 years. At the end of the movie, when he's still frozen, he is in a pause state of his Lucid Dream where he makes the choice to go back to the real world again.

And to answer this question: But if David could control and direct every event in this Lucid Dream of his, why did horrible things still start to happen to him, like him being arrested for murder and assault etc? The answer to this question is: When David was frozen in the Lucid Dream state his subconscious played tricks on him, and the Lucid Dream turned into a nightmare. The subconscious is a very powerful thing. But as we can see in the end of the movie, this was corrected.

That movie went over many people's heads...that sounds crazy. I might have to watch it one last time with this information.

Last edited by a moderator:

killacal

Banned
Daps
yeah man, I was almost done with the whole thing too :to:

BTW, I started researching a bit more on that Vanilla Sky ending and found 2 things...first a video of the ending slowed down:
Do you really know true ending of 'Vanilla Sky' ? Sigur Ros - Njosnavelin (The Nothing Song) Ending - YouTube

Then this text which really made me go :ohhh:

That movie went over many people's heads...that sounds crazy. I might have to watch it one last time with this information.

I watched it last week for the first time and pretty much got all that. The guy explains it to him on the roof :manny:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I watched it last week for the first time and pretty much got all that. The guy explains it to him on the roof :manny:
I was young when I first saw that movie and maybe I just wasn't paying attention all the way. Movie is incredible to me now. I guess at the end of the movie I just didn't trust dude in the white jacket for some reason.

killacal

Banned
Daps
I was young when I first saw that movie and maybe I just wasn't paying attention all the way. Movie is incredible to me now. I guess at the end of the movie I just didn't trust dude in the white jacket for some reason.

I didn't until he called out the characters on the roof and made Sofia pop up out if nowhere

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So i decided am going to watch every episode of every Star Trek series, thats the only thing am going to watch on netflix until i watch them all, at least one episode per day.

Star Trek 1966-1969
3 seasons 80 episodes

Star Trek: The Next Generation 1987-1994
7 seasons 177 episodes

Star Trek: Voyager 1995-2001
7 season 168 episodes

Star Trek: Enterprise 2001-2005
4 seasons 97 episodes

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine 1993-1999
7 seasons 173 episodes

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
So i decided am going to watch every episode of every Star Trek series, thats the only thing am going to watch on netflix until i watch them all, at least one episode per day.

Star Trek 1966-1969
3 seasons 80 episodes

Star Trek: The Next Generation 1987-1994
7 seasons 177 episodes

Star Trek: Voyager 1995-2001
7 season 168 episodes

Star Trek: Enterprise 2001-2005
4 seasons 97 episodes

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine 1993-1999
7 seasons 173 episodes

My dude u gonna watch 695 episodes :ohhh:

:salute: