ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
5267c8bc3175f970130376ded9bb8d8b2346d3b2.jpg

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
‘Resident Evil’ TV Series In Works At Netflix

Resident Evil is headed to television. I have learned that Netflix is developing a scripted series based on the hit action horror franchise. I hear the series will be a Netflix global original. German production and distribution company Constantin Film, which is behind the Resident Evil movies loosely based on the Capcom video game series, is the studio. Search is underway for a showrunner to shepherd the adaptation.

No one is commenting but I hear the plan is for the series to expand the Resident Evil universe and deepen the exiting mythology. I hear the series will keep the basic premise, which also served as a setup for the movie franchise. The drama series will explore the dark inner workings of the Umbrella Corporation and the new world order caused by the outbreak of the T-virus. While the project is in early stages, the series is expected to incorporate all ofResident Evil’s signature elements, including action sequences and “easter eggs.”

The Resident Evil film franchise, launched with the 2002 Resident Evil, consists of six movies to date, produced by Constantin, which had acquired the rights to the video game series, and distributed by Screen Gems. The franchise has cumulatively earned $1.2 billion worldwide to date to rank as the highest-grossing film series ever based on a video game.

Paul W. S. Anderson was behind the six-movie series, which starred Milla Jovovich and wrapped in 2016 with Resident Evil: The Final Chapter. Since then, Constantin Film brass have discussed plans to reboot the franchise, including as a TV series. Last month, the company hired Johannes Roberts to write and direct a potential feature Resident Evilreboot with a new cast.

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California

Great stuff coming to Netflix this month: About a Boy, Billy Elliot, Jaws, The 40-Year-Old Virgin, more Chef’s Table, and the Mexican edition of Nailed It! Great stuff to watch before it leaves: Children of Men, Clerks, The Big Lebowski, The Bourne Ultimatum, and Shaun of the Dead. Here’s everything that’s coming and going on Netflix in February.

Arriving in February
Here’s the full list. Netflix originals have links to their trailers and watch pages.

February 1
February 2
February 3
  • Beverly Hills Chihuahua
February 5
February 6
  • The Soloist
February 8
February 9
February 10
February 11
February 14
February 15
February 16
  • Black Sea
  • Studio 54
  • The 40-Year-Old Virgin
February 21
  • The Drug King (film)
February 22
February 25
  • Dolphin Tale 2
February 26
  • Our Idiot Brother
February 27
  • Unsolved: Tupac & Biggie
February 28
  • Jeopardy!: Collection 2
  • The Rebound
Last Call
Leaving February 1
  • Black Dynamite
  • Bride of Chucky
  • Children of Men
  • Clerks
  • The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement
  • Ella Enchanted
  • Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
  • Queer as Folk: Seasons 1-4
  • Queer as Folk: The Final Season
  • Shaun of the Dead
  • The Big Lebowski
  • The Bourne Ultimatum
  • Woman in Gold
Leaving February 2
  • Cabin Fever
Leaving February 3
  • Sing
Leaving February 19
  • Girl Meets World: Seasons 1-3
Leaving February 20
  • Piranha

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Who's approving these Netflix movies... Man 85% of their original content is trash..
Just watched Message From The King. If Chadwick wasn't in it, I would've turned it off 45 minutes in.

Netflix just ain't got it and I'm done wasting time.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Tried Great News and oh boy was that rough. I wanted to watch another half an hour show since Netflix got rid of Bob's Burgers up here and I may need to keep looking. I like Fey, I like 30 Rock, the first two seasons of Kimmy Schmidt but this was not it. AT ALL.

The Fix was p good :ehh: informative and funny.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I hope they don’t do a second season of You. This sick cracker killing people in the middle of New York without anyone batting an eye :scust:

It originally aired on the Lifetime network and they passed on a second season but netflix bout the rights to do a second season already.