FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cargo

Just started it, solid so far

Update

Pretty good except for how dumb the husband was, maybe this idiot was simply naive

Last edited:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Finished Seven Seconds. Enjoyed it a lot, not sure how there was going to be a second season when the story ended.

Started On My Block. Good so far, nice to see brown kids getting roles, centred around them. :ehh:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Dark series is pretty fukking good. I'm on 9th episode. I love the time travel story.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Watching The Rain. fukking 11 minutes in on the first episode and I already hate the kids. :martin: :martin: :martin:

Got pissed off!! Don't open the fukking bunker...I was yelling at the screen :russ:

I like the cinematography. Germans and northern Europe shoot like this a lot..

Has that eerie feeling mixed with the score
One episode in so far and shyt is intense. :lupe: Those fukking kids though :mindblown:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Any good comedy shows out there? I'm bout to binge watch the end of the fukking world since it's a short series with few episodes but was trying to watch something funnier. If not I'll likely watch 13 reasons why and lost in space after. Unless I just do a stand-up marathon. Got in my queue: the Steve Martin and Martin short, Kevin James new one, chappelle newest two, Kevin Hart what now,katt williams great America, Marlon Wayans wokeish. Need to clear up some queue before Luke cage and glow return. Especially now that regular tv ended their seasons so I'm not messing with Hulu much now.

Petty Crocker

Looking GREAT in my 30s
Daps
We just watched What Happened to Monday? Really good thriller/suspense movie about septuplets who must avoid governmental execution and dangerous infighting while investigating the disappearance of one of their own.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Can't believe I actually like Marlon's "Naked" movie. Marlon can be hit or miss but he's actually under control, it's a real script. I'm stunned.

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
'Locke and Key' Picked Up to Series at Netflix
carlton_cuse_lock__key_cover_split.jpg

After eight years and multiple writers and outlets, IDW's beloved comic Locke and Key is finally coming to the small screen.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Netflix is near a series-order deal for the drama based on Joe Hill's graphic novel from showrunner Carlton Cuse. Netflix declined comment as deals are not done.

Sources say the streamer is in talks to license the rights for the IP and redevelop the drama with IDW Entertainment. The Netflix series is not the Hulu pilot. Instead, Cuse and Joe Hill will redevelop the series for the streaming giant with an entirely new cast and new director. Andy Muschietti, who helmed the Hulu pilot, is busy with It 2 and is no longer avaialble to direct. He will still be credited as an executive producer on the Netflix series.

Netflix's series pickup comes two months after Hulu surprisingly passed on picking up its Locke and Key pilot to series. At the time, WME — who reps Cuse and Muschietti — held screenings of the Hulu pilot in an attempt to find the series a new home, with Amazon and Netflix among those having kicked the tires on the show.

Sources say Hulu executives, including new chief content officer Joel Stillerman (who launched The Walking Dead on AMC) and senior vp Craig Erwich — who greenlighted the pilot — wanted to pick up the project, but new CEO Randy Freer (who joined in October) had the final say and insisted on bypassing the drama about a mother (Frances O'Connor, who will be recast) who moves her family into a haunted house after the patriarch is brutally murdered. Sources say Hulu at the time paid to keep the writers room open long after the pilot with seven scripts already completed.

With the Netflix series order, Locke and Key has crossed the finish line to series pickup for the first time since it was initially put in development eight years ago. The horror thriller was originally developed for television at Fox, which went to pilot on a take from Josh Friedman (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles) during the 2010-11 broadcast season. The project, from executive producers Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Steven Spielberg and starring Mark Pellegrino, Miranda Otto, Jesse McCartney, Sarah Bolger and Nick Stahl, did not move forward. (It was screened to overwhelming response at Comic-Con.) Universal then grabbed the rights to the comic with Kurtzman and Orsi attached to produce a feature adaptation, which ultimately did not move forward.

Flash-forward to May 2016, when IDW Entertainment CEO Ted Adams and president David Ozer teamed with Circle of Confusion (The Walking Dead) to take a second stab at a small-screen take. The effort was taken out to buyers and landed at Hulu with a pilot order in April 2017, with the streamer edging outlets including Netflix, HBO and FX for the project from showrunner Cuse and with Hill attached to pen the script.

Locke and Key is a horror/fantasy series that revolves around three siblings (Jack Mulhern, Megan Carpentier, Jackson Robert Scott in the Hulu pilot) who, after the gruesome murder of their father, move to their ancestral home in Maine only to find the house has magical keys that give them an array of powers. Little do they know, a devious demon also wants the keys and will stop at nothing to attain them.

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
Keanu Reeves, Daniel Dae Kim Join Netflix Rom-Com From Ali Wong, Randall Park

nahnatchka-khan-randall-park-ali-wong.jpg

daniel_dae_kim_keanu_reeves_charlyne_yi_and_karan_soni_-_split_-_getty_-_h_2018.jpg

Also new to the cast is Charlyne Yi and 'Deadpool' breakout Karan Soni.

Keanu Reeves and Daniel Dae Kim will star in the Netflix rom-com, Always Be My Maybe, from Ali Wong and Randall Park.

Wong and Park star in the feature as childhood sweethearts who have a falling out and don’t speak for 15 years. They reconnect as adults when Sasha, now a celebrity chef opening a restaurant in San Francisco, runs into Marcus, a happily struggling musician still living at home working for his dad. The old sparks are still there but can they adapt to each other’s world?

Also new to the cast is Deadpool breakout Karan Soni and Charlyne Yi, as well as Michelle Buteau, Vivian Bang, James Saito, Lyrics Born and Susan Park.

Nahnatchka Khan, who worked with Wong and Park on Fresh Off the Boat, is set to direct the feature from a script by Wong, Park and Michael Golamco.

Always Be My Maybe, which is set for a 2019 release, is being produced by Good Universe's Nathan Kahane and Erin Westerman, Wong and Park. Brendan Ferguson is exec producing