Essential Official Netflix Thread

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
You know what though? I think that movie should get more props than it does, if nothing else for the fact that it killed its main characters 20 min into the movie. Like it didn't just write them out, or have them go on vacation,or have them get high and get arrested; those cats were murdered. They were tossed off of a mountain top indiscriminately. And then like you said, playing games with the grim reaper making allusions to the seventh seal...when would you expect a bill and ted movie to make allusions to the seventh seal?
Movie is def (In my opinion) one of the few movies that thoroughly exceeded the first one
and was popular as hell too
shyt i remember having a Ted toy
the cartoon was cool
you know whats really sad tho?
is at what point did we stray away from all that?
like i mean having the movies that had cartoons to coincide with the movie?
cereals
toys and shyt
its so crazy when you look back now and think
"damn... we were really spoiled man when it came to entertainment."

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Movie is def (In my opinion) one of the few movies that thoroughly exceeded the first one
and was popular as hell too
shyt i remember having a Ted toy
the cartoon was cool
you know whats really sad tho?
is at what point did we stray away from all that?
like i mean having the movies that had cartoons to coincide with the movie?
cereals
toys and shyt
its so crazy when you look back now and think
"damn... we were really spoiled man when it came to entertainment."

I think it was at the point where kids got more options. The tie in cereals probably don't fly anymore because we've become a more health conscious society in general and those cereals were just packed with sugar. But for toys and tie ins I just think kids have more options than we did growing up. They not only have the toys they have but they've got video games and tablets and laptops and cell phones. There was a time when a toys r us parking lot would never be empty. Now? You can find tumbleweeds. Digital is sucked the kids up where movie studios probably don't waste the time and when they do come out with movie tie in toys it's for the adults who collect

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I think it was at the point where kids got more options. The tie in cereals probably don't fly anymore because we've become a more health conscious society in general and those cereals were just packed with sugar. But for toys and tie ins I just think kids have more options than we did growing up. They not only have the toys they have but they've got video games and tablets and laptops and cell phones. There was a time when a toys r us parking lot would never be empty. Now? You can find tumbleweeds. Digital is sucked the kids up where movie studios probably don't waste the time and when they do come out with movie tie in toys it's for the adults who collect
yeah
its crazy to me
i dont know its like with my son i want him to have that FULL experience
toys
t-shirts
some of the shows on demand
cause i remember when i was little
you didnt just want to see the movie or whatever you wanted to be fully immersed in the whole shyt
and imo i think thats why so many kids just lack that ability to be creative now
cause none of these movies even really seem like they are even for kids like that
its like "yeah that was cool, but the adults were more into it than i was.":deadmanny:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
yeah
its crazy to me
i dont know its like with my son i want him to have that FULL experience
toys
t-shirts
some of the shows on demand
cause i remember when i was little
you didnt just want to see the movie or whatever you wanted to be fully immersed in the whole shyt
and imo i think thats why so many kids just lack that ability to be creative now
cause none of these movies even really seem like they are even for kids like that
its like "yeah that was cool, but the adults were more into it than i was.":deadmanny:

Well you still got Pixar flicks but for the most part yeah I agree with you. Simon Pegg wrote a blog about our generation and his generation being the first generations that didn't really have to grow up. We came of age during a lot of stuff and video game companies, studios, comic book companies etc decided to keep appealing to us because we're loyal and we're going to spend money.

And when it comes to kids movies, they were normally cheap back in the day to produce but you and I both know that rarely now do you get mid tier movies released in theaters. It's either a big blockbuster or an indie flick and no in between unless it's on demand or Netflix

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Well you still got Pixar flicks but for the most part yeah I agree with you. Simon Pegg wrote a blog about our generation and his generation being the first generations that didn't really have to grow up. We came of age during a lot of stuff and video game companies, studios, comic book companies etc decided to keep appealing to us because we're loyal and we're going to spend money.

And when it comes to kids movies, they were normally cheap back in the day to produce but you and I both know that rarely now do you get mid tier movies released in theaters. It's either a big blockbuster or an indie flick and no in between unless it's on demand or Netflix
you got a link fam?

Daps
Watched Robin Hood. Childhood memories.

Also watched Emperors New Groove and am watching Kronks New a Groove.

Need to get on season 3 of Rita but that might have to wait.

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
I was sitting on my couch, I accidentally dozed off during the Michael Jackson part. I woke up, rewinded it and realized I didn't miss nothing funny really.
i thought you went to see him live

read your post wrong :whew: i didnt know the netflix special was already out

will watch it tomorrow