AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Started watching How I Met Your Mother.

Ted is so fukking unlikable. :mindblown:

Is he even supposed to be sympathetic? :what:

And how do these two kids feel about their father being such a bytch ass nikka? :wtf:

OGmittee

Smugest Poster Alive
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Just finished watching that Audition movie

pretty much went like this for me

:ehh:
to
:dwillhuh:
to
:ohhh:
to
:merchant:
to
:damn:

i enjoyed it overall.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
ESPN films and 30 for 30 are golden.

A few recommendations...

Benji - This is a hard hitting documentary for a few reasons. It takes place in Chicago and shows that not much has changed in terms of violence from the 80s to now. Benji was the #1 ranked high school player in the country until he met a tragic and violent end. Takes you through his life and upbringing. They interview several friends and players who knew Benji. They even managed to catch up to the person who pulled the trigger.

Going Big - Another great documentary for my b-ball heads. This one tells the story of the #2 pick in the 1984 draft Sam Bowie. The big deal about this story is he was taken before the greatest basketball player ever Michael J. Jordan. Explores his upbringing as well as his high school, college, and pro career. Just very amazing how a person can be blamed for the greatest of another player. Sad thing is there have been bigger busts in the NBA than Sam Bowie who managed to have a 10 year career. Very similar incidents such as Detroit taking Darko instead of Carmelo. Portland making that mistake of taking Oden instead of Durant. The list goes on and on for NBA busts, but Sam Bowie remains the most talked about one.

30 for 30 Broke: This one is rather interesting because they shine the spotlight on the fact that most professional athletes end up broke after they retire. Got to learn how to manage your paper.

26 years: The Dewey Bozella Story: Really enjoyed this one because it was hella inspirational. Picture being a knucklehead 18 year old who is involved in petty crime and what not and you pinned to a murder of a 92 year old woman. So dude beats the first trial because of a lack of evidence, but 6 years later is retried and convicted. Several attempts at appeals are denied. In the mean time dude manages to get a bachelor and masters degree in prison. He finds a love for boxing in the prison program. He has one dream of fighting one professional fight. Check this one out for sure guys.

The Fab Five: I loved this documentary. The only thing missing was Chris Webber's opinion on all of this. Dude probably wanted no parts of anything to do with the Fab Five in fear of the usual questions he would have to answer. Jalen was wrong for hating Grant Hill because he was winning at life, but I guess that's how it is sometimes.

Batman Year One: I didn't like this as much as the comic, but it was still pretty enjoyable. For those who need an orgin on batman this is a good place to start.

:why:

how can people say netflix is wack?

much props to this post just watched that BENJI DOC OF THE STRENGTH of this post

:wow: :sadcam:

just a sad story nikkas will just shoot a nikka like its nothin

:aicmon: "talkin bout dont pull out if you aint gonna use it" fukk outta here nikka should been in school

OGmittee

Smugest Poster Alive
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Watched the Machinist last night with Christian Bale

Nothing special, kinda just went thru the movie, a few moments here or there that were cool, wouldnt really recommend to anyone unless they were really bored and couldnt find anything else to watch.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I still havent made it through the first season of that show, what season should I stop watching breh

Probably after season 5 or so

if you don't mind spoilers

two seasons after nancys youngest son kill a lady

After that it becomes less drama and more comedy

At this point am just watching it out of habit and boredom