Official NBA Summer League Thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Well he definitely looks the part. The problem is I don’t think he has any “dog” in him to be successful in football.

We are talking about a kid that hasn’t had to work for anything.

We will see if he can figure out how to still in the league beyond his first contract.
I think he does have dog defensively. I dont know about yesterday which is probably adjusting pro. However, I've seen his feet move way quicker when guarding someone then when he actually has the ball in his hands. Said it before but Im not sure if LeBron ever let him play streetball before & I doubt if he ever let him take part in them open gym LA runs with adults. Which is wild. Hell having access to the Lakers facility he could have had Bronny going against guys like Rondo/Caruso/DLO over the years to get him ready. Basketball scoring isnt 2nd nature to him like most pros, but he could at least be "built" for it.
JJ will have to get the Bron and Bronny playing together out of the way early into the season.

Starters typically don't share the court with the 12-15th off the bench guys ever. It'll be forced when it does happen and then it'll be over because the Lakers will be under pressure to get wins. And you aren't winning by giving Bronny minutes in this phase of his career
Woj says after the 1st week of the season the expectation if he'll be G league after that. Gotta hope there's a blowout and they get a couple mins there. Gotta think preseason at least.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I saw some good mechanics out the kid . But more years in college maybe even a stint over seas would have done good for him. You don't come to the NBA to learn fundamentals. That should be established before your ever drafted. I kinda feel bad for the kid. This seems more like a play for LeBron's story in his career than it was what's best for bronny. It's not helping that a 4 point 2 ast game gets you headlines during the dog days of sports. Will create much animosity from the other players. This could get bad.

Would be a great story if he overcomes all this and becomes a 20 ppg 3 and d guy fringe all star etc. but if not this becomes a horrible stunt pulled by bron and in 4 years we asking where bronny? And he somewhere playing in china.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I saw some good mechanics out the kid . But more years in college maybe even a stint over seas would have done good for him. You don't come to the NBA to learn fundamentals. That should be established before your ever drafted. I kinda feel bad for the kid. This seems more like a play for LeBron's story in his career than it was what's best for bronny. It's not helping that a 4 point 2 ast game gets you headlines during the dog days of sports. Will create much animosity from the other players. This could get bad.

Would be a great story if he overcomes all this and becomes a 20 ppg 3 and d guy fringe all star etc. but if not this becomes a horrible stunt pulled by bron and in 4 years we asking where bronny? And he somewhere playing in china.

The entire basketball world deserves blame.

They'd have segments at the draft asking the top players random fun shyt, and for good measure they threw in Bronny. Why? Why didn't I know what Jamal Shead loves for breakfast? Why don't I know if Adem Bona is a cat or dog lover? I would just blame ESPN because they're the most egregious offenders of this, but I've never seen a late round pick get so much support from the institutions that cover the sport. Bronny is Keyontae Johnson if Keyontae cut every corner possible.

Remember when ESPN would legit do live cut-ins on something so damn important they had to interrupt your show, like when Sosa /McGwire were breaking records or Bonds passed Aaron?

Bet everything when Bronny enters the game, they're gonna do that

BREAKING NEWS: Bronny enters game

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
The entire basketball world deserves blame.

They'd have segments at the draft asking the top players random fun shyt, and for good measure they threw in Bronny. Why? Why didn't I know what Jamal Shead loves for breakfast? Why don't I know if Adem Bona is a cat or dog lover? I would just blame ESPN because they're the most egregious offenders of this, but I've never seen a late round pick get so much support from the institutions that cover the sport. Bronny is Keyontae Johnson if Keyontae cut every corner possible.

Remember when ESPN would legit do live cut-ins on something so damn important they had to interrupt your show, like when Sosa /McGwire were breaking records or Bonds passed Aaron?

Bet everything when Bronny enters the game, they're gonna do that

BREAKING NEWS: Bronny enters game
Bronny gets clicks

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby

It would, but Bronny has never averaged 20 points in his life so it definitely it happening in the NBA

Eye Cue DA COLI GAWD

<--- Cleveland Browns winning that many, boi!
Daps

Good mechanics??? What the fukk are you talking about?? There are no "good mechanics" if the shot doesn't go in, which is a vast majority of the time for this guy.

There is no debate. He is TRASH and not very talented.

End of story.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium

It was suchhh a shame they did the farce of having him go to USC. Their coach put some guys in the league (some!) but he’s not a developer, he’s a recruiter. Collier went from potential #1 overall to weed plate.

If he could’ve went to a program that preached development, I think he may have been able to be a firster (assuming the heart thing doesn’t still happen). But “they” HAD to pick a school that was right by where Bron was playing :smh:

This is why I think it’s corny to hate on the kid; the ppl around him did him such a disservice in his growth