Official Nas Thread

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate to harp on this but wasnt there a time when no music leaks, no album title, no track-listing meant that the album wasn't close to release? I Mean wouldn't a summer release be in the disc manufacturing stage by now?

It must be a secret, surprise release coming.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hate to harp on this but wasnt there a time when no music leaks, no album title, no track-listing meant that the album wasn't close to release? I Mean wouldn't a summer release be in the disc manufacturing stage by now?

It must be a secret, surprise release coming.

It's starting to look that way. Nas hasn't said much about the album. He's even told people he wasn't taking any more questions about the album in a Q&A. When he was asked about the album title, he once teased revealing it two weeks before the album dropped. He teases that the album is coming this summer, but in recent interviews, he says nothing about the album.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's starting to look that way. Nas hasn't said much about the album. He's even told people he wasn't taking any more questions about the album in a Q&A. When he was asked about the album title, he once teased revealing it two weeks before the album dropped. He teases that the album is coming this summer, but in recent interviews, he says nothing about the album.

Sorry to sound like a broken record but this is very disappointing. If he had never hinted that it was coming with tweets or tease giving out the album name, I wouldn't be annoyed. I just hope it is worth this terrible wait.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas-062615v2slider.jpg

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I simply choose to trust in the God...

It was 4 years from Untitled to Life Is Good (with DR in-between)

We're on year three (with Illmatic 20 year anniversary in-between) and he's been touring nonstop and he put out The Season earlier. Lol at semi retirement, he's been MORE active than at any previous point in his career (with the exception of 2001-2002 when he put out both Stillmatic and Gods Son within a year) he put out a lauded documentary, toured the world, opened a shoe store, opened some resteraunt, started his "very own Motown" with Mass Appeal (which has already dropped two critically acclaimed projects with RTJ and The Ecology.

Pretty much ALL the stuff people have been clamorous for him to do since the beginning.

Does THAT look like retirement?

Let that legend COOK brehs

But a couple of things:

1) Between Untittled and LIG, Nas at least had Distant Relatives and between IWW and I am he had the Firm album. This is offically the longest we've seen him quiet MUSIC wise (features not withstanding)

2) His commercial presence is higher than ever I agree, he's everywhere with the Hennessy and Sprite but that means he's grinding in non music ways. Look I support dude no matter what and that's why I dont say he's being lazy, we can see he's on his grind with Mass Appeal, 12 Am, Sweet Chick, Dropbox etc etc but I also think for that reason he might be shifting away from making new music in terms of albums and being a mogul.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I'll say this much though:

Nas is also in the same boat as Frank Ocean and Rhianna, both havent released an album since the same time as 2012 and people are asking whats up to. Miguel just dropped now after his last joint in 2012 and Kendrick same deal so maybe he'll still drop before 2015

I entertained the notion that Nas (and Frank and Rhianna too) are trying to pull a Beyonce/D'Angelo and drop it out of nowhere but in Nas case I feel like he needs the traditional album build up just for buzz sakes.
He is a big name where people will listen to his shyt but I'm sure a part of him is also thinking sales and how do you control that with a release with no promo (digitally available on itunes first maybe?)

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
I'll say this much though:

Nas is also in the same boat as Frank Ocean and Rhianna, both havent released an album since the same time as 2012 and people are asking whats up to. Miguel just dropped now after his last joint in 2012 and Kendrick same deal so maybe he'll still drop before 2015

I entertained the notion that Nas (and Frank and Rhianna too) are trying to pull a Beyonce/D'Angelo and drop it out of nowhere but in Nas case I feel like he needs the traditional album build up just for buzz sakes.
He is a big name where people will listen to his shyt but I'm sure a part of him is also thinking sales and how do you control that with a release with no promo (digitally available on itunes first maybe?)
i get your point!!!

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
i recently revisited street disciple:
brehs, we all know it, but i just have to say it again - this man is a MASTER STORY TELLER!!

Traveled half the world, wish I traveled the rest of it
From QB to Mecca kid, so if you knew me
You'd be proud to say I left you with enough memories to resurrect me with
So live now nikka

:lolbron:
by the way a youtube comment i read had me laughing loud as fukk.
some nikka didn't know nas was scarlet and wrote this:'I can just tell the girl rapping got a fine ripe ass.':deadmanny:

:ohlawd:the beat switch on this one

:wow:the intro and how it slides into 'a message to the feds'

daughters part 1

:mjcry:cute little song

wow.png
amerie and nas always seem to create dope tracks!!

dope track, but:whoa:at some of the things he mentions!!

and the videos for the album were dope as well!!

:mjcry:r.i.p to any loved ones!!!

love this video to this day. everyone's a thief!!
simple yet dope!!
:ahh:who got more style than son do!!!