Official Nas Thread

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is it summer time yet? Really though? He first said he was done with the album almost a year ago (10 months)!

Best case scenario: Nas's album is finished and he's working on the timing and marketing of it. I remember waiting for Distant Relatives. The difference being they were performing songs from it nearly a year before it came out. They even had a trailer with snippets and previews.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
http://allhiphop.com/2015/06/17/you...lueprint-why-jay-z-did-not-lose-to-nas-audio/

That combat jack show is a joke. Everytime I look around they have some type of Nas haters on there.

I don't think Guru hates Nas. He's defending his man, can't hate on it. Dude even admitted Ether was hot...

But in terms of Combat...dude is a joke. Emotional child. I like some of his shows but the Nas hate he constantly displays is childish. Just a few months ago he was attacking Nas on twitter lmao, probably because Nas wouldn't go on his show.

BTW: good discussion

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I honestly think dude is so tied up in business that his mind isnt even on music making

Nas is in semi-retirement with all the investments, labels and deals he's doing. If it happens, it happens and I'll be thankful but its not coming this summer. Its June already, how does he expect to drop in July and August without any build up? And he needs build up, he cant pull a Beyonce where he drops and it sells.

I also think he has a slight fear of being off a major (he will go to Mass Appeal after this album for Def Jam is owed, this much we know) and he's just delaying the inevitable. But mostly he's thinking of branding and business away from music and its been evident since 2013.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I honestly think dude is so tied up in business that his mind isnt even on music making

Nas is in semi-retirement with all the investments, labels and deals he's doing. If it happens, it happens and I'll be thankful but its not coming this summer. Its June already, how does he expect to drop in July and August without any build up? And he needs build up, he cant pull a Beyonce where he drops and it sells.

I also think he has a slight fear of being off a major (he will go to Mass Appeal after this album for Def Jam is owed, this much we know) and he's just delaying the inevitable. But mostly he's thinking of branding and business away from music and its been evident since 2013.

I hear you and I get all that. It sucks as a fan. Dude, we don't even know the title of the album yet and they said summer. I, for one, am looking forward to the Lost Tapes 2 as well which will drop after the Mass Appeal project, which of course will drop after the album so are we looking at 2017 for the lost tapes 2? I get it about the business and all but if business is going to take the forefront then why not drop the album and be done with it? Yall know that I am a staunch NaS supporter but I am bored with the game. I just got his 4 disc box Series set (nothing new) from an industry friend and that will go into the collection but ready for new shyt. LOL, so bored, I even got 3 of the cans. I think us loyal NaS music fans, who were here back on the Sony boards, deserve some kind of updates from NaS with real facts and tentative dates for his MUSIC projects. Agree?

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I hear you and I get all that. It sucks as a fan. Dude, we don't even know the title of the album yet and they said summer. I, for one, am looking forward to the Lost Tapes 2 as well which will drop after the Mass Appeal project, which of course will drop after the album so are we looking at 2017 for the lost tapes 2? I get it about the business and all but if business is going to take the forefront then why not drop the album and be done with it? Yall know that I am a staunch NaS supporter but I am bored with the game. I just got his 4 disc box Series set (nothing new) from an industry friend and that will go into the collection but ready for new shyt. LOL, so bored, I even got 3 of the cans. I think us loyal NaS music fans, who were here back on the Sony boards, deserve some kind of updates from NaS with real facts and tentative dates for his MUSIC projects. Agree?

True but again that goes to my point, everytime we hear news about him its all about a business venture and I just think thats where his team is concerned with an touring.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I simply choose to trust in the God...

It was 4 years from Untitled to Life Is Good (with DR in-between)

We're on year three (with Illmatic 20 year anniversary in-between) and he's been touring nonstop and he put out The Season earlier. Lol at semi retirement, he's been MORE active than at any previous point in his career (with the exception of 2001-2002 when he put out both Stillmatic and Gods Son within a year) he put out a lauded documentary, toured the world, opened a shoe store, opened some resteraunt, started his "very own Motown" with Mass Appeal (which has already dropped two critically acclaimed projects with RTJ and The Ecology.

Pretty much ALL the stuff people have been clamorous for him to do since the beginning.

Does THAT look like retirement?

Let that legend COOK brehs

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We all are impatient but summer just started today. The album will come in either July or August. He probably has something planned around the marketin of the album. We will get the album and I know he won't dissapoint.