Official Nas Thread

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually hope that Swizz track people were going crazy over at the LIG listening party makes it on this album. I remember Swizz saying the track is crazy and was disappointed that it didn't make LIG but Nas told him he's saving it for a future project/album.

From the sound of that Timbo snippet and the Justice League Beat, I got a feeling Nas is going for a harder sound for this album (which would make sense to save the Swizz track for this album)

Nas' boy G-code (from his management team) said Nas' next album will be way crazier than LIG.

Yeah, thats the Swizz track that I was talking about. Maybe it was good but didn't fit the concept of LIG. On the other hand, Summer on Smash was probably an attempt to be that summer time "kickin it" theme song. It was decent to me except for all of Swizz Beats vocals. Take them shyts out and I can stomach it.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm trying to think of Nas/Swizz collabo that I actually liked and I coming up blank:lupe:

...low-key, I always been a fan of Esco/Timbo collabos:whew:

He always gives him that aggressive production that make him Go HAM on the content:jawalrus:

I like the Nas/Swizz "Top Down". I know its a rehashed "The N" but the beat was cool.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hip Hop icon Nas hit the stage at Drai’s Nightclub in Las Vegas last night (February 17). The Hennessy Brand Ambassdor’s latest showcase follows his performances throughout NBA All-Star weekend in New York City.

Last edited:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
I'm expecting an album full of mediocre and downright shyt beats. Nas is such a frustration. He's probably my favorite rapper of all time, and there isn't a song of his I genuinely fukk with since.... "Talk of New York". And that was 10 years ago! Sure "Patience" and "Hold Down The Block" were aight, but they don't really get the blood boiling like some gutter Nas anthem.

Are his people rhythmically and sonically challenged? Can't they tell the difference between a "Made You Look" and a "Nasty?"

blazn101

TPC life..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Excellent track. Fashawn kind of bit Nas's flow buts its all good. Definitely will be copping The Ecology next week.mgonnanne a good week for Hip Hop with Ghost and Fashawn

Yea when in the opening bars i was like that's Nas flow haha

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Just saw this, from Nov 2014. Could just be Blaze giving props...or a sign that they worked on some stuff?
:blessed: