Official Nas Thread

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if Timbaland giving Nas those type beats, I want at least half the album done by Timbaland... lol

I didn't expect anything of this caliber. I felt like they could do something nice, but I didn't expect Timbo to lace him with a crazy street banger like this. Nas said that what he and Timbaland did "felt powerful", so I'm excited to hear whatever else they worked on together.

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder how much Timbaland is involved with Nas' new album. Back in 2013, Tim hinted said that Nas was the only other artist that "really gets him" in Hip Hop. Then Nas said that he started the album with Tim, then took a step back, went back to it, then talked to Tim, Swizz, and No I.D. But yeah, if Timbaland have songs in the stash that are on par or better than the snippet, I hope it's on the album. I think Salaam Remi said that he didn't really work with Nas on this album, so it'd be interesting if Timbaland did the amount of work that Salaam did on Life Is Good.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder how much Timbaland is involved with Nas' new album. Back in 2013, Tim hinted said that Nas was the only other artist that "really gets him" in Hip Hop. Then Nas said that he started the album with Tim, then took a step back, went back to it, then talked to Tim, Swizz, and No I.D. But yeah, if Timbaland have songs in the stash that are on par or better than the snippet, I hope it's on the album. I think Salaam Remi said that he didn't really work with Nas on this album, so it'd be interesting if Timbaland did the amount of work that Salaam did on Life Is Good.

My concern is that we haven't heard anything from No ID about his contributions to the album. I also happen to loathe Swiss Beats tracks too. IM a little concerned.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My concern is that we haven't heard anything from No ID about his contributions to the album. I also happen to loathe Swiss Beats tracks too. IM a little concerned.

Yeah, I'm thinking a Nas interview is probably coming soon. Maybe MTV or somebody interviewed during All Star Weekend or something. Hopefully, he'll give some details about the album whenever he does a new interview.

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps
No ID has been hit or miss lately...on the last Common album the beats were :trash:

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No ID has been hit or miss lately...on the last Common album the beats were :trash:

The one Nas picked for LIG were Fire. Hopefully he can pick well again. Didn't Swiss beats have a track leftover from LIG? Maybe that will make it. Statick selectah had 2-3 that may turn up if Def Jam release some additional Nas music. I doubt if they make this album.

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know they're close friends, but why oh why does The GOAT insist on working with Swizz:trash:

...and ALC's waiting by the phone for him to dial up his number:huhldup:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm trying to think of Nas/Swizz collabo that I actually liked and I coming up blank:lupe:

...low-key, I always been a fan of Esco/Timbo collabos:whew:

He always gives him that aggressive production that make him Go HAM on the content:jawalrus:

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
I actually hope that Swizz track people were going crazy over at the LIG listening party makes it on this album. I remember Swizz saying the track is crazy and was disappointed that it didn't make LIG but Nas told him he's saving it for a future project/album.

From the sound of that Timbo snippet and the Justice League Beat, I got a feeling Nas is going for a harder sound for this album (which would make sense to save the Swizz track for this album)

Nas' boy G-code (from his management team) said Nas' next album will be way crazier than LIG.

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
I actually hope that Swizz track people were going crazy over at the LIG listening party makes it on this album. I remember Swizz saying the track is crazy and was disappointed that it didn't make LIG but Nas told him he's saving it for a future project/album.

From the sound of that Timbo snippet and the Justice League Beat, I got a feeling Nas is going for a harder sound for this album (which would make sense to save the Swizz track for this album)

Nas' boy G-code (from his management team) said Nas' next album will be way crazier than LIG.

:ehh:, I'm looking forward to it. But not like he's gonna say it'll be worse than LIG.