Official Nas Thread

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nothing wrong with it. But how more "ready" can one get? Two and half years of a victory tour without one new song? That's overkill. I was hoping that the Shaking the dust soundtrack would come out because he's supposed to have new music on there, but nothing. Same thing with the Mass Appeal compilation.
Maybe "ready" is not the word I should have used...when he "FEELS" like it is the more accurate word in this case. It seems you maybe impatient but Nas does what he feels and when he feels the time is right for him to do it. Truthfully, he has a successful life outside of music but his continued success within the music industry will always be a priority. So he is definitely not attempting to just put music out there based on the notion of it being 2.5 yrs. Nas does not think of his art in that confined capacity and especially at this level of his profession...he's aspiring to reach higher levels.

Last edited:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe "ready" is not the word I should have used...when he "FEELS" like it is the more accurate word in this case. It seems you maybe impatient but Nas does what he feels and when he feels the time is right for him to do it. Truthfully, he has a successful life outside of music but his continued success within the music industry will always be a priority. So he is definitely not attempting to just put music out there based on the notion of it being 2.5 yrs. Nas does not think of his art in that confined capacity and especially at this level of his profession.

Then he shouldn't have said that he might be putting out new music "soon" to Angie. Six months is soon? Drop a single playa

On a sidenote:

Nas has a new doc at Sundance and it will be on CNN later this year.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/...y-on-fashion-in-hip-hop-premieres-at-sundance

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm glad that Illmatic is still getting the praise and attention that it should have always gotten but, on the real, I'm ready to hear that new Nas and all the other projects that were hinted on.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
All of this fukking complaining and whining I thought we was all supposed to be FANS here who are happy that Gods Son is branching out and getting success and money with all of his joint ventures and businesses. He already told us he was trying to enjoy the fruits of his labor, BEFORE we call him Luke and hand him his lightsaber. Yall think he was saying that shyt to be clever?

Let that legend COOK goddamnit

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All of this fukking complaining and whining I thought we was all supposed to be FANS here who are happy that Gods Son is branching out and getting success and money with all of his joint ventures and businesses. He already told us he was trying to enjoy the fruits of his labor, BEFORE we call him Luke and hand him his lightsaber. Yall think he was saying that shyt to be clever?

Who said we weren't happy? I'm always posting about his new ventures. I just want to hear a song breh. He raised my expectations. Plus I want him to get this album out of the way so he can fulfill his obligations.

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

"Finished up my new album, single bout to be droppin" :ufdup:

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Perfectly stated.

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who said we weren't happy? I'm always posting about his new ventures. I just want to hear a song breh. He raised my expectations. Plus I want him to get this album out of the way so he can fulfill his obligations.
No need for you to be concerned with his obligations...especially when you don't know what his obligations are that need to be fulfilled. He's not going to do anything he doesn't feel like doing at this time. So until then...

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
When it's done it's done. I'm fine with that being Valve's motto because I know the end product is always dope...and I'm fine with it being Nas' motto for the same reason.

I just hope he's using this Mass Appeal platform to reach out to doper producers. El-p is a no brainer. Also Boldy James' connection with Alchemist hopefully leads to him and Nas getting into the studio. I'd be cool with a Mac Miller beat too, dude is dope on the boards.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No need for you to be concerned with his obligations...especially when you don't know what his obligations are that need to be fulfilled. He's not going to do anything he doesn't feel like doing at this time. So until then...

I'm talking about his last album on def jam. What are you talking about? You be on some cryptic shyt all the time like you CIA.

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think people are confused because a statement was put out that Nas next LP after Def Jam will be on Mass Appeal. He is not thinking too much about this LP because he knows exactly what he is doing.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess all fans are asking for are some release dates and some project confirmations. I don't mind Nas doing his thing but at least give the waiting music fans something.

kes929

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One thing I had to realize the other day is that Nas has been the game for 20 years now. It's unrealistic to expect him to drop music like he did in the early years. Nas is 40 years old now and I think a lot of fans have a hard time believing that. He has business ventures and this music will come. I expect another classic album. We just have to be patient.