Official Nas Thread

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Harvard Announces the Nasir Jones Hip-Hop Fellowship

The Hip-Hop Archive and Harvard University’s W. E. B. Du Bois Institute today announced the founding of the Nasir Jones Hip-Hop Fellowship. The endowment will “fund artists and scholars who demonstrate exceptional creative ability in the arts in connection with Hip-Hop”.

Link

Nas Honored As The "Nasir Jones Hip-Hop Fellowship" Is Established At Harvard University | News | Nas | Artists | Def Jam | Island Def Jam
Very impressive for the highschool dropout :jawalrus:

Ronald

Daps
Sinatra In The Sands ft. Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake (Prod. by Timbaland)

No Such Thing As White Jesus ft. Frank Ocean (Prod. by Hit-Boy)

Street shyt (Prod. by Swizz Beatz)

:win:

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Sinatra In The Sands ft. Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake (Prod. by Timbaland)

No Such Thing As White Jesus ft. Frank Ocean (Prod. by Hit-Boy)

Street shyt (Prod. by Swizz Beatz)

:win:

Where's this from?

Ronald

Daps
i'm gonna need this..
Where's this from?

just tracks that might be on the next album, they're not out yet

JT/Jigger/Timbo song is on the next album, confirmed by Timbo

Street shyt was supposed to be on LIG, but was never finished. People went crazy over the snippet, prolly gonna be on the new album, same thing with the jesus track w/ Frank

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
just tracks that might be on the next album, they're not out yet

JT/Jigger/Timbo song is on the next album, confirmed by Timbo

Street shyt was supposed to be on LIG, but was never finished. People went crazy over the snippet, prolly gonna be on the new album, same thing with the jesus track w/ Frank
Hold up..........you telliin me me had some shyt with Swizz that was actually slappin', but he chose to forego it to put out "Summer on Smash"??:patrice:

:what:

Tuling

Pro
Daps
Hold up..........you telliin me me had some shyt with Swizz that was actually slappin', but he chose to forego it to put out "Summer on Smash"??:patrice:

:what:
You are correct. I'm pretty sure it was unfinished and would most likely not fit "life is good", it could also be for Swizz "upcoming" album, so I can wait - if it ever see's the light. Read all about it here:

Nas previews 'Life is Good' album in New York | Recap + Video | SoulCulture

The impressive selection we were teased with thus far was more than solid, but the final track of the session truly sealed the deal.

Quickly shouting out Erick Sermon in the audience Nas screamed a question at the room: “Can I take you to the motherfukking darkside??” Likening the sound and impact to that of the Diddy/Bad Boy era a la G. Dep‘s “Special Delivery,” Swizz promptly spazzed on the mic and enlisted the room of willing participants to the next song’s opening chant – “This that street shyt n***a, fukk that weak shyt!” – bouncing around the small stage and knocking the all-important laptop off its stand, almost breaking the damn thing as Nas spat; “My instincts got me in this Kurtis Blow culture.”

We never got to hear the whole song, as wanton as the room was. By now the music desk was a mess with knocked glasses and bottles, the party as much on stage as in the crowd and Nas concluded: “We got one,” adding, “we might drop that tomorrow…” – Swizz vigorously agreeing.

I can’t personally recall attending an industry playback with as much genuine interest and passion in recent years. And having captured hearts and minds around the globe since his 1994 debut Illmatic, Nas deserves it. “This shyt was hot and hood – and I love that shyt,” he concluded before saying his thanks, goodbyes and exiting.

criminology

hearse initiator
Daps
Reppin
Diamonds & Wood
sometimes i think nas is trolling us. there are so many rumored tracks and hot snippets. i wish he was a more popular rapper because then we could get one of those huge classic rock box sets of all the shelved shyt.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I doubt Nas will recycle those tracks onto the album. I hope he does but...dunno, given how he tends to move. Also hope that JT/Jay track is indeed on the album.

This is Nas' time to shine imo. He proved he still has it, now he just needs the production. Give him some crazy shyt and he can get a hit song, no doubt.

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas needs to drop the album title. JT/JayZ collab? Ok, I hope its the radio cut. After that, I want to hear straight fire. No such thing as white Jesus track too.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Next Solo Tracklisting:

Black By Association
Knight
No Such Thing As White Jesus Feat. Frank Ocean
Sinatra In The Sand feat Jay Z and Justin Timberlake
Ballot In A Box
The Unusual Suspects
Rogue Racists