Wait...did Nas the prophet forsee Ms.Warwick future tax problems :troll:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Nine-hundred-ninety-nine thou from bein' rich but now I'm all for it
My man saw it like Dionne Warwick
A wiser team for a wiser dream, we could all score it

Wait...did Nas the prophet forsee Ms.Warwick future tax problems :troll:

Lol.. But naw, back then Dionne Warwick was a spokesperson for a psychic hotline

dionne-psychic-game.png

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
Back When is beautiful brehs :wow:

We need a LIG 2 ..asap

[Verse 2: Nas]
To call them fake today is hate, real nikkas extinct
Pac left me inside a rap world with nikkas that wink
At other rappers, undercover nikkas spit every way
Won't be surprised if all their rides have federal plates
Let alone their wardrobes and Studio 4 flow
It was real when I appeared
It would've been some jaws broke
Nas, my real name, stage name, same thing
How could you let these lames claim king
I'm so ashamed, man
I light a L for Vernon
For nikkas who would burn in Hell
For Vernon; 10th Street, 12th Street, Nightmare on Elm Street
Pimps creep, delve deep inside the editorials
Of the ghetto queens, kings, stories true
Who possesses the testicular fortitude
To blow away myths that's a hindrance to all of you
You blame your own shortcomings on sex and race
The mafia, homosexuals and all the Jews
It's hogwash point of views, stereotypical
Anti-Semitic like the foul words Gibson spewed
And it's pathetic
I don't get the credit I deserve
That's why I hate doing interviews
But I don't sweat it, study long, study raw
My man Dion said Nas over-think the songs he writing
I'm not a wack performer standing near a corny hype man
I got the Donism in me
I'm here to enlighten

smh....ridiculous

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
The streets raised me up
Giving a fukk
I thought jordans and a gold chain was livin it up

u can't deliver those bars any better than he did... every time i hear it i get hyped...flawless

I will name my first born son Nasir :ahh:

Nas will be my son's name...and i'm dead serious. He will grow up on the god's music and will never fall pray to the waka flocka's, drake and lil wayne's of his generation.

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
u can't deliver those bars any better than he did... every time i hear it i get hyped...flawless

Nas will be my son's name...and i'm dead serious. He will grow up on the god's music and will never fall pray to the waka flocka's, drake and lil wayne's of his generation.
Flocka names his GOAT
:

Last edited by a moderator:

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Different ways to come out hood
In cuffs or casket
Or crazy
Shooting three pointer baskets
Or maybe
It's the rap shyt
All types of tactics
For you to get dough
I almost chose kicking in doors
I ask my mother, a reverend and her best friend
In less than 10 years for me to get dough
It was either sell guns weed or blow
Cause high school was slow
And jewelry was hot
Ducking truancy cops
Trains I hop
To make it downtown
Cisco in my veins
Pissed between trains
Canal st just looking at rings
Didn't have the cash
Still went in the store and ask
How much it cost
Korean man brushing me off
For another big time costumer
Probably a hustler
Who look at my small chain and chuckle
I told him ill be soon just like you Mothafukka what!!!!!!!!

Nas the goat man. This is rap. I felt every letter of that rap. Every image painted. shyt almost makes you tear. Cuz you can tell its from the gut man. From the soul.

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
The streets raised me up
Giving a fukk
I thought jordans and a gold chain was livin it up

Somebody sample that line made a pretty good song from it , they sound like Big Krit ..

[ame=http://youtu.be/pXsYZl0lVvM]Tez McClain "Jordan's & A Gold Chain" - YouTube[/ame]

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Forbes: Nas to become owner of Mass Appeal Magazine and launch Mass Appeal Media

All I Need Is One Mag: Nas Invests In Mass Appeal Media - Forbes

Nas first appeared on the cover of Mass Appeal magazine in 2002. A decade later, he’s coming back—as an owner.

The Queens-born rapper tells FORBES that he has invested a “six-figure” sum in the publication, which re-emerged as a quarterly print product earlier this year after a five-year hiatus.

“I always liked what they represented,” says Nas. “They invested into the culture … I saw their vision for what they planned and I thought I could add value across the board.”

He will serve as Associate Publisher for Mass Appeal, which was originally founded in 1996 as a graffiti magazine and has since involved into a broader outfit spanning print, web, video and a monthly event series.
Nas explained that he’d been dismayed at the lack of options for readers interested in all aspects of hip-hop culture, particularly on the newsstands. He considered starting his own publication, as Jay-Z did, but figured he’d have better luck using an existing brand as a launching pad.

“Mass Appeal has a legacy and respect,” he says. “It already has a foundation … I just feel like I can add on because I can lend my kind of cultural expertise and my professional acumen, and develop the business.”

The move is indicative of a shift in the rapper’s priorities. Unlike some of his musical contemporaries, Nas wasn’t among the first wave of mainstream hip-hop entrepreneurs that sprang up in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

As a result, he wasn’t involved in megadeals like Jay-Z’s $204 million sale of clothing line Rocawear or 50 Cent’s $100 million windfall from VitaminWater, which placed the latter two among hip-hop’s five wealthiest artists.

Lately, however, Nas has been spending more time thinking about business—it’s about the right time in his career, he figures.

“I knew that this was down the road,” he says. “I didn’t care to interrupt me being a creative musical artist … I said I’ll be more of a businessman down the road. I’m down the road now.”

He credits Magic Johnson as one of his inspirations to diversify his holdings. And like the former Lakers star, who now holds a small stake in the Los Angeles Dodgers alongside Guggenheim Partners, Nas is teaming up with more established investors.

On the Mass Appeal deal, he’s joined by White Owl Capital Partners, an early stage investment firm with interests in tech, media and energy in North America, Europe and China.

So what happens if Mass Appeal decides to write about Nas again? Journalistic integrity comes first.

“If that happens, I don’t want to see it until it’s out,” he says. “I won’t get involved with that at all … I won’t touch anything, they’re free to say whatever they want. They can say I’m a psychopath, they can say I’m a sweetheart … as long as it’s from their honest opinion, that’s all that matters to me.”

Owner of Gureilla Union (Rock the Bells and Paid Dues Tour), does the producer thing (Tyson doc) and now doing the media thing with Mass Appeal :leon:

Asdfhhklpiyrewss

All Star
Daps
Forbes: Nas to become owner of Mass Appeal Magazine and launch Mass Appeal Media

All I Need Is One Mag: Nas Invests In Mass Appeal Media - Forbes

Nas first appeared on the cover of Mass Appeal magazine in 2002. A decade later, he’s coming back—as an owner.

The Queens-born rapper tells FORBES that he has invested a “six-figure” sum in the publication, which re-emerged as a quarterly print product earlier this year after a five-year hiatus.

“I always liked what they represented,” says Nas. “They invested into the culture … I saw their vision for what they planned and I thought I could add value across the board.”

He will serve as Associate Publisher for Mass Appeal, which was originally founded in 1996 as a graffiti magazine and has since involved into a broader outfit spanning print, web, video and a monthly event series.
Nas explained that he’d been dismayed at the lack of options for readers interested in all aspects of hip-hop culture, particularly on the newsstands. He considered starting his own publication, as Jay-Z did, but figured he’d have better luck using an existing brand as a launching pad.

“Mass Appeal has a legacy and respect,” he says. “It already has a foundation … I just feel like I can add on because I can lend my kind of cultural expertise and my professional acumen, and develop the business.”

The move is indicative of a shift in the rapper’s priorities. Unlike some of his musical contemporaries, Nas wasn’t among the first wave of mainstream hip-hop entrepreneurs that sprang up in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

As a result, he wasn’t involved in megadeals like Jay-Z’s $204 million sale of clothing line Rocawear or 50 Cent’s $100 million windfall from VitaminWater, which placed the latter two among hip-hop’s five wealthiest artists.

Lately, however, Nas has been spending more time thinking about business—it’s about the right time in his career, he figures.

“I knew that this was down the road,” he says. “I didn’t care to interrupt me being a creative musical artist … I said I’ll be more of a businessman down the road. I’m down the road now.”

He credits Magic Johnson as one of his inspirations to diversify his holdings. And like the former Lakers star, who now holds a small stake in the Los Angeles Dodgers alongside Guggenheim Partners, Nas is teaming up with more established investors.

On the Mass Appeal deal, he’s joined by White Owl Capital Partners, an early stage investment firm with interests in tech, media and energy in North America, Europe and China.

So what happens if Mass Appeal decides to write about Nas again? Journalistic integrity comes first.

“If that happens, I don’t want to see it until it’s out,” he says. “I won’t get involved with that at all … I won’t touch anything, they’re free to say whatever they want. They can say I’m a psychopath, they can say I’m a sweetheart … as long as it’s from their honest opinion, that’s all that matters to me.”

Owner of Gureilla Union (Rock the Bells and Paid Dues Tour), does the producer thing (Tyson doc) and now doing the media thing with Mass Appeal :leon:

soon enough he gonna be worth 400 mill :blessed:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA
Was listening to "Deja Vu" form the gawd earlier, that first verse still gives me chills brehs

Through the lights cameras and action, glamour glitters and gold
I unfold the scroll, plant seeds to stampede the globe
When I'm deceased, by then the beast arise like yeast
To conquer peace leaving savages to roam in the streets
Live on the run, police paying me to give in my gun
Trick my Wisdom, with the system that imprisoned my son
Smoke a gold leaf I hold heat, nonchalantly
I'm graunchy, but things I do is real it never haunts me
While, funny style nikkaz roll in the pile
Rooster heads profile on a bus to Riker's Isle
Holdin weed inside they p*ssy with they minds on the
Pretty things in life, gettin props is a true thug's wife