Official Nas Thread

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I already got my physical copy from Best Buy on Tuesday, but out of curiosity, I checked the album's availability on Best Buy's website (for both the deluxe and regular version). They were sold out in like 3 out of the 4 nearest Best Buys, including the one I bought it from. I'm starting to think Def Jam did not ship enough copies.

Honestly now that I think about it, Def Jam did WAYYYY TOO MUCH promotion on Life Is Good to turn around and purposefully sabatoge Nas buy consciously under shipping the album. My new thought process on the matter is that Def Jam more than likely assumed that most music sales nowadays are digital. Kanye West's MBDTF, Jay-Z and Ye's Watch The Throne and Frank fakkit's Channel Feminine all had very impressive first week iTunes sales amd all were Def Jam releases. Most everybody I know who I work with who bought the album (quite a few) copped it straight off iTunes. Only one dude I know, whose a Nas stan like me went out and got the physical copy. My best friend who works at best buy says that they only got 200 copies of Life Is Good and they sold out three days ago and that most of the people who brought the standard version were upset that they couldn't get the deluxe with the t-shirt. Most buyers sole purpose it seems in copping the CD from retail was for the T-Shirt. iTunes even nets you an EXTRA bonus track and 2 music videos for the price of $14.99. You can't really beat that deal even with a t-shirt.

I'd like to see once its all said and done and the first week numbers come out how much were digital versus physical

RoseWooD

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly now that I think about it, Def Jam did WAYYYY TOO MUCH promotion on Life Is Good to turn around and purposefully sabatoge Nas buy consciously under shipping the album. My new thought process on the matter is that Def Jam more than likely assumed that most music sales nowadays are digital. Kanye West's MBDTF, Jay-Z and Ye's Watch The Throne and Frank fakkit's Channel Feminine all had very impressive first week iTunes sales amd all were Def Jam releases. Most everybody I know who I work with who bought the album (quite a few) copped it straight off iTunes. Only one dude I know, whose a Nas stan like me went out and got the physical copy. My best friend who works at best buy says that they only got 200 copies of Life Is Good and they sold out three days ago and that most of the people who brought the standard version were upset that they couldn't get the deluxe with the t-shirt. Most buyers sole purpose it seems in copping the CD from retail was for the T-Shirt. iTunes even nets you an EXTRA bonus track and 2 music videos for the price of $14.99. You can't really beat that deal even with a t-shirt.

I'd like to see once its all said and done and the first week numbers come out how much were digital versus physical
I really cant see the album being undershipped. Maybe his target areas needed more copies, maybe. Lets say he do 140k. I dont know how the breakdown normally be between physical and digital sales, but lets say 30k bought the album from Itunes. So I seriously doubt Def Jam shipped only 110k Nas albums for public consumption, especially after the crazy promotion blitz. I just think thats extremely unlikely. Buts lets say they shipped 150k and 40k albums are still out there just not in the right spots. I still think thats unlikely. I just think high first week sales are for the younger white demographic that want to be the first one to have the CD. Nas target audience(older generation) I think will just buy the album when they get around to it. Now if the drop off in week 2 is only 50% or lower, I will agree with it being undershipped. So if he do 140k this week and 70-75k next week, I definitely agree. But I think this album will have legs with the other semi-radio friendly tracks and the critical acclaim the album is garnering.

MercuryHayes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Stationed in Antarctica, Coldest Niggga Alive

fukk outta here with that. they shipped enough, and best buy isnt the only place you can buy a cd.

cd did well and is #1, just let it be.

Asdfhhklpiyrewss

All Star
Daps
Illmatic on the feets? :obama:

proxy.jpg