Official Nas Thread

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
:lawd:

:laff: @ me not buying a cd in so long looking befuddled when I took this shyt out the bag....Im like "there is no plastic case, these nikkas gave me a mixtape"....is that how all CDs are now???:dwillhuh:
:russ: Word, when i first took off the plastic i was like "Where the fukk is the CD " :dwillhuh: before i realized it was in the pocket

Jet

Banned
Daps
The question now is. Will THIS be Nas's last album on Def Jam? Will he resign or go elsewhere and if so, where will he go? Def Jam really seems to be pushing this album more than his last two, can this, in essence be considered their "sales pitch" for Nas to resign?

Honestly I think that if Nas remains on a major label Def Jam is the really the best place. It makes no sense going back to Sony, Interscope is a Hip Hop graveyard, and Atlantic would be more of the same...

I agree. Between LIG and HHID, I've never seen him get this much promotion. Hopefully this album sells well enough for Def Jam to re-sign him. What other record label is hot right now? MMG? YMCMB? Nah, Def Jam is the perfect place for him.

Kuro

Tru grit
Daps
no less than 4.5 out of 5 on this one,,and i caint say you wrong if you give life is good a perfect score...life is good is equal to here my dear--a great album by way of a divorce...dont let the dumb shyt nas did [and will do in the future] cause you to not give this album the right estimate...dont front--it is what it is...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas is on The Colbert Report tonight too

damn, Def Jam must really want him to resign, they aint takin no kinda shorts

Daps
Nas is on The Colbert Report tonight too

damn, Def Jam must really want him to resign, they aint takin no kinda shorts

I think this is from his own management team (emagen ent). I think he might sign once again though. L.A. Reid is gone, and it seems the label has been doing better since that travesty.

RoseWooD

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aight...so all this shyt new to me again....buying CDs, reading booklets and all that shyt....so Im reading through the liner notes and noticed "(ASCAP)" next to the some songs and not the others...so I figured I'll count'em to see if it came up to 12 for the songs he got paid for...and it did and these are the songs....

Loco-Motive
A Queens Story
Accident Murderers
Daughters
Reach Out
You Wouldn't Understand
Back When
The Don
Stay
Bye Baby
Roses
Where's The Love

Is that how that shyt work?:dwillhuh:He didn't get paid for 'Summer on Smash' and 'Cherry Wine'???:wtb:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Aight...so all this shyt new to me again....buying CDs, reading booklets and all that shyt....so Im reading through the liner notes and noticed "(ASCAP)" next to the some songs and not the others...so I figured I'll count'em to see if it came up to 12 for the songs he got paid for...and it did and these are the songs....

Loco-Motive
A Queens Story
Accident Murderers
Daughters
Reach Out
You Wouldn't Understand
Back When
The Don
Stay
Bye Baby
Roses
Where's The Love

Is that how that shyt work?:dwillhuh:He didn't get paid for 'Summer on Smash' and 'Cherry Wine'???:wtb:

ANY song in which he wrote the lyrics he should have a form of publishing

Daps
Reppin
NULL

the deal his lawyers worked out is that the IRS eats off of his publishing, meaning his album monies go straight to Uncle Sam until the 6 million is paid. well, thats what the reports say, who knows how true that sh!t is. he still eats lovely off of touring and merch and everything else, which is where you make 75+% of your money anyway as an artist.

RoseWooD

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah, i know they got "(BMI)" next to all of em.....and I guessed Summer on Smash is licensed through SESAC....I guess ASCAP specifically will only spread bread for 12 of em...

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i6DQO.png

told yall this sh!t would happen :smh:

the GOAT did that though. even folks who aint heard the album are receiving that positive energy. LifeIsGood is making the world a better place.