Official Nas Thread

KillSpray

Don't be mad
Daps
Reppin
The top of the City
Just posted in the other thread.

Locomotive, Stay, Reach Out, Black Bond are all :ooh:

But some of these beats are too dramatic man, Nas' skills on the mic is enough to carry a track, all these over-produced string arrangements and build ups just kind of makes some of the tracks come off corny to me. Nas too nice for that, all he need is a dope sample, chop that up simply, lay those grimy drums, and let him rap. Leave that hollywood score shyt for a next nikka. :beli:

Never Broke Again

Save stuff for the 2020 Posty's
Daps
Reppin
DC
No Intro 4/5
Locomotive 5/5
Queens Story 5/5
Accident Murderers 4.5/5
Daughters 5/5
Reach Out 3.5/5
Worlds an Addiction 5/5
Summer on Smash 3/5
You Wouldn't Understand 5/5
Back When 5/5
The Don 4/5
Stay 4/5
Cherry Wine 5/5
Bye Baby 5/5

happened to go to 9/10 exactly which was pmuch what i had the album rated after 2 listens

wondering what the replay value is like before i throw around classic

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just posted in the other thread.

Locomotive, Stay, Reach Out, Black Bond are all :ooh:

But some of these beats are too dramatic man, Nas' skills on the mic is enough to carry a track, all these over-produced string arrangements and build ups just kind of makes some of the tracks come off corny to me. Nas too nice for that, all he need is a dope sample, chop that up simply, lay those grimy drums, and let him rap. Leave that hollywood score shyt for a next nikka. :beli:

gotta disagree, this is the kind of production ive always wanted for nas... some epic sh!t.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
The first 5 tracks of this album...

No Introduction:
wiig-out.gif

Loco-Motive:
tlvvI.gif

A Queen's Story:
boogie.gif

Accident Murderers:
f1jt6b.jpg.gif

Daughters:
tumblr_lzq5dzoRwf1r5lw8d.gif

:to:

GOOD fukkING MUSIC!!!!!

tumblr_m6z9v4jT9j1qf0mnn.gif

and thats just the first 5 tracks nikkas!! :gladbron:

Icewatermetallik

TheEastisintheHouse
Daps
Cormega I think

I thought him and Cormega were somewhat cool now though....

Kinda dissapointed the AZ track didn't make it.

Had to go with commercial and more well known Rick Ross instead I guess....

It's all politics man....

H.S.

All Star
Daps
I can only imagine how crazy this is going to sound in the car tomorrow.

36 Chambers

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like the way he handled Bye Baby. The gawd kept it classy

Would have been awesome/hilarious for Nas to drop some ether on Kelis though :lolbron:

PacBlood

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just cant get into the production, thats always been my biggest problem with Nas he always brings his A game as far as lyrics go but his poor beat selection holds him back. I really think he should consider working with some of the younger producers for his next project. Just imagine Nas spittin over some Harry Fraud beats :ahh:.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Best Nas album since IWW, not even close. This is what we been asking for: dope production for Nas to spazz on. No ID deserves mad props for crafting this into such a gem. Not only are his beats dope, you can see his finger prints throughout the record.

The album is also quite a mixture of 90s sounds with a more orchestrated, modern sheen. Reach Out especially stands out as a throwback, but it's just...dope where it could have been quite cheesy. Whereas A Queen's Story sounds like a Late Registration remix of It Was Written.

Lyrically Nas slayed every track. The only thing that feels out of place is Summer On Smash. Swizz is wack and has been wack for years, let it go. Yet Nas does his thing on the track despite how ridiculously busy the track is.

Ayo this is the best "grown map rap" album I've heard in years. Jay and Em better take notes