Official Nas Thread

Budda

Superstar
Daps
It’s typical Nas to take a liking to Big Sean and not Cole/Kendrick or Drake.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It’s typical Nas to take a liking to Big Sean and not Cole/Kendrick or Drake.

Nas has said complimentary things about all four of them he literally gave Cole a lyrical pep talk after Cole put out Let Nas Down, he bigged up Kendrick on KD3. He’s performed with Drake.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Nas has said complimentary things about all four of them he literally gave Cole a lyrical pep talk after Cole put out Let Nas Down, he bigged up Kendrick on KD3. He’s performed with Drake.
Sean is also not out here telling cac reporters that Nas is a GOAT but also a piece of shyt for alledged ex-wife babble :yeshrug:

And yeah he's shouted out all of them, and a lot of newschool artists.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Based on the tracklist on Amazon Big Sean and Nas have another song called Word Up on his album dropping tonight.

I saw the tracklist last night and thought the Nas joint that was on the leaked version last month got dropped along with a few other records. Gonna check out the album now

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AZ been on a few shows with him during this tour.. Happy to see it..
Crazy how AZ always seem to pop up at Nas concerts but Nas ain't drop a verse on an AZ project since Aziatic.

Like I get that AZ is respectful but damn breh, Nas could have spit a 16 for the Doe Or Die 2. Mega even had Nas on The Realness 2.

Based on interviews though I think part of the reason Nas and AZ still got a good relationship is because AZ never really tried to lean on Nas too much for favors and shyt. Seems like a lot of mutual respect so he probably don't want to fukk it up, plus there's pride too. AZ always been the type to stand on his own two feet.

But I'd be lying if I said I didn't want more music from them

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Crazy how AZ always seem to pop up at Nas concerts but Nas ain't drop a verse on an AZ project since Aziatic.

Like I get that AZ is respectful but damn breh, Nas could have spit a 16 for the Doe Or Die 2. Mega even had Nas on The Realness 2.

Based on interviews though I think part of the reason Nas and AZ still got a good relationship is because AZ never really tried to lean on Nas too much for favors and shyt. Seems like a lot of mutual respect so he probably don't want to fukk it up, plus there's pride too. AZ always been the type to stand on his own two feet.

But I'd be lying if I said I didn't want more music from them

AZ said that he tried to get Nas on Doe Or Die 2 but by the time he reached out Nas was already on tour and busy.

Seems like more of a timing issue than anything. Plus I keep saying this but Nas and AZ were never really close personal friends like that. They made great classic music but they never had the relationship that somebody like Nas and Mega had or Nas and Havoc. Nas even said back in 06 when Hip Hop Is Dead dropped that it was hard to get ahold of AZ and he had like 6 numbers on him.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AZ said that he tried to get Nas on Doe Or Die 2 but by the time he reached out Nas was already on tour and busy.

Seems like more of a timing issue than anything. Plus I keep saying this but Nas and AZ were never really close personal friends like that. They made great classic music but they never had the relationship that somebody like Nas and Mega had or Nas and Havoc. Nas even said back in 06 when Hip Hop Is Dead dropped that it was hard to get ahold of AZ and he had like 6 numbers on him.
Yeah I know Nas didn't come up with AZ so they didn't have that pre-rap game relationship, and they really only connected on some music shyt, but they did put in work together for years with collabs, tours, The Firm shyt. And like I said AZ still pops up every now and again for live shows and Nas always speaks highly of AZ so there's alot of mutual respect there, even if just musically.

Just wish they would jump in the studio and put some new shyt out. The Firm joint on KD got my hopes up, but the only other joint that came after that w.as the Mega joint, which was dope as fukk too.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yeah I know Nas didn't come up with AZ so they didn't have that pre-rap game relationship, and they really only connected on some music shyt, but they did put in work together for years with collabs, tours, The Firm shyt. And like I said AZ still pops up every now and again for live shows and Nas always speaks highly of AZ so there's alot of mutual respect there, even if just musically.

Just wish they would jump in the studio and put some new shyt out. The Firm joint on KD got my hopes up, but the only other joint that came after that w.as the Mega joint, which was dope as fukk too.

Different priorities, strategies, and timing. Its nothing to hop onstage and perform a verse you know by heart from the last 30 years, quite another thing to find the right beat, theme, and production to write a verse that will inevitably be compared to to other great verses you wrote in the past. Even with the song Nas did with Mega, Mega said that Nas went through like 3-4 different beat ideas that Mega sent him before he settled on the best that became Glorious. AZ might not have that type of time for when he’s trying to drop his projects or Nas might not or what have you.

I’ve come to realize that the reason a lot of these dream collaborations we want and never get are more do to timing and scheduling issues than a lack of desire or beef or even pride. Nas wanted to work with Hit-Boy for YEARS before the six album run but they could never find time to lock in. The pandemic and everything slowing down allowed them to finally get together. Premo and Nas would go years without seeing one another and then hit the studio and not get anything done because they’d spent the whole time catching up. Thats why i’m so grateful for all of these recent collaborations we’ve been getting. Nas is finally linking with Premo. Common linked with Pete Rock. LL linked with Tip.

I’d love to see AZ link with one producer and just come up with a game plan and map it all out to make the ultimate Sosa album. Maybe somebody like Conductor or even somebody out of left field like RZA or Just Blaze. Formulate on how to get that Nas verse. Hell even a Hov verse, they’ve known each other since high school.