Official Nas Thread

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
LL does that Will Smith shyt where he writes but he, at least in his later years, has other rappers tweak them to update the flow or snatch the beat better or add lines here and there.

He's had help from 50, Q-Tip and Busta Rhymes before. Nas and LL have only had a relationship the last few years since they collab'd on the museum, so you never know.

We need a Nas/LL joint for the culture, for Queens. Always been a weird gap even though they shout each other out a lot.

Dylmatic

All Star
Daps
Reppin
France
LL does that Will Smith shyt where he writes but he, at least in his later years, has other rappers tweak them to update the flow or snatch the beat better or add lines here and there.

He's had help from 50, Q-Tip and Busta Rhymes before. Nas and LL have only had a relationship the last few years since they collab'd on the museum, so you never know.

We need a Nas/LL joint for the culture, for Queens. Always been a weird gap even though they shout each other out a lot.
Nas is featured on the album.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Somebody on here claims Nas ghostwrote LL's "Hey Lover". It does sound like '96 Nas, but I never took that as fact even though it does line up due to Nas working with The Trackmasters in '95-'96 for IWW. This also led to him writing for Will Smith.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Somebody on here claims Nas ghostwrote LL's "Hey Lover". It does sound like '96 Nas, but I never took that as fact even though it does line up due to Nas working with The Trackmasters in '95-'96 for IWW. This also led to him writing for Will Smith.

With Will Smith its not only noticeable but Nas is all up and down the credits on both Big Willy Style and the Men In Black soundtrack.

With LL i’m calling bullshyt unless there’s PROOF.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
With Will Smith its not only noticeable but Nas is all up and down the credits on both Big Willy Style and the Men In Black soundtrack.

With LL i’m calling bullshyt unless there’s PROOF.

Will Smith was one where it was actually known considering we have proof of that. "Gettin' Jiggy With It" is still one that is question as Nas claims he didn't write it. The liner notes don't list him, but people say he wrote that one too.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Will Smith was one where it was actually known considering we have proof of that. "Gettin' Jiggy With It" is still one that is question as Nas claims he didn't write it. The liner notes don't list him, but people say he wrote that one too.

Nas said in an AMA that he contributed a line or two but Will wrote most of the song himself. They were in the studio hanging out and Will caught a few verses from him but Nas was adamant he watched Will write the majority of that song.

The songs Nas had a heavier hand in writing were Chasing Forever, Just Cruisin, and the title track.

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
"Baby girl had a son, he was 3
Yeah I took him in
Now she call him little me
I even look like him,
NahImean he look like me, a couple shades darker
She be calling him "blackie"
That's cause his real father jet black
So she treat him like it's a setback
I don't respect that"

Goat storyteller, those lyrics live rent free in my head.

Last edited:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Nas said in an AMA that he contributed a line or two but Will wrote most of the song himself. They were in the studio hanging out and Will caught a few verses from him but Nas was adamant he watched Will write the majority of that song.

The songs Nas had a heavier hand in writing were Chasing Forever, Just Cruisin, and the title track.

Stoute said different tho..like Nas was writing the whole songs..

I think Nas just like keeping it low.

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
R-9287428-1557839494-9603.tiff.jpg

July 15th 2008 The day this dropped the GOAT signed my CD :wow:

iLLusoYuN_Da_Adidas_King

Psn illusoyun
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach
LL Cool J has over FORTY YEARS worth of experience spitting bars. And ya’ll think he needs Nas to write for him? Ya’ll sound like the same ridiculous people we were defending Nas against when they were saying Jay Electronica was ghostwriting for him.

Unless there’s proof the man is writing his own shyt.
LL cool j has had writers for some singles… this is a fact. We not coming for him at all.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Not to put too much comparisons on the upcoming Nas/Preemo record with Common/Pete and LL/Tip but one thing I hope is that they do a proper full promo run like LL and Com/Pete are doing.
I know Nas dont like that shyt, but theres hip hop spaces where you dont have to sit and devulge gossip shyt and just talk about music. And you can bring Premier there to do the talking and you know he'll be happy as shyt to do it

It would be dope to see Preemo and Nas on Juan Ep, Drinks Champs, Kweli podcast, All the Smoke, It is What it is, maybe a Budden Paetreon (Parks is almost certainly gonna mix the project cause he does for all premier stuff)

And I know this might seem hella pandering and a stretch but...why not throw a interview or too with some upcoming fan made hip hop review channels? Like Im sure Coop and Adrien on Hip Hop Talks got a chance if they do but even DEHH, NFR? I know that seems kinda corny but its pretty smart to go to the content creators that are influential to the younger hip hop circles that listen to the underground/old stuff. Its clearly a strategy other rappers, just have them do a few and I think it'll define the album's run a litte and get some attention to it.

I know he probably wanna just drop it and keep it moving but whats a couple of weeks of promo lol

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Not to put too much comparisons on the upcoming Nas/Preemo record with Common/Pete and LL/Tip but one thing I hope is that they do a proper full promo run like LL and Com/Pete are doing.
I know Nas dont like that shyt, but theres hip hop spaces where you dont have to sit and devulge gossip shyt and just talk about music. And you can bring Premier there to do the talking and you know he'll be happy as shyt to do it

It would be dope to see Preemo and Nas on Juan Ep, Drinks Champs, Kweli podcast, All the Smoke, It is What it is, maybe a Budden Paetreon (Parks is almost certainly gonna mix the project cause he does for all premier stuff)

And I know this might seem hella pandering and a stretch but...why not throw a interview or too with some upcoming fan made hip hop review channels? Like Im sure Coop and Adrien on Hip Hop Talks got a chance if they do but even DEHH, NFR? I know that seems kinda corny but its pretty smart to go to the content creators that are influential to the younger hip hop circles that listen to the underground/old stuff. Its clearly a strategy other rappers, just have them do a few and I think it'll define the album's run a litte and get some attention to it.

I know he probably wanna just drop it and keep it moving but whats a couple of weeks of promo lol

I agree

All except Budden. Budden’s shyt is fun but messy, they wouldn’t know how to act if they had Nas up there and nas CLEARLY hates drama and bullshyt.

I’d love to see him on Big Boy’s show. Maybe do a sit down with Zane Lowe. A sit down with Miss Info. Hell even Angie.