Official Nas Thread

Daps
Does anyone know how large was this concert?

Hes been slacking when it comes to on stage performance recently, but this sounds on point brehs :ahh::ahh:
He only sounds bad when he doesn't have a band (like the last RTB show). That band Z is a MUCH better fit than DJ Premier for his live shows.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Listening to Bye Baby on some good headphones, I really like the way 40 that beat together. Its actually pretty strong

jamessh1

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Listening to Bye Baby on some good headphones, I really like the way 40 that beat together. Its actually pretty strong

Couldn't disagree more. The strong lyrical performance completely over shadows the forgettable production . Maybe it will grow on me but listening through headphones it wasn't t workout music this morning. One of the weaker leaks production wise IMO. Again just IMO

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
Cherry Wine vs Like Smoke?

If I had to choose one, I would choose Cherry Wine. Nas spits harder on Like Smoke and the song is less somber, but the beat and Amy's singing on Cherry Wine are a little more soulful than Like Smoke and Nas' cellphone verse on Cherry Wine is classic.

yeah I'm beginning to think Cherry Wine is pretty strong.. it's just that soulful vibe type track

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Couldn't disagree more. The strong lyrical performance completely over shadows the forgettable production . Maybe it will grow on me but listening through headphones it wasn't t workout music this morning. One of the weaker leaks production wise IMO. Again just IMO

I thought that too but I just liked the bassline and drums he used.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Would've been ill if they were used throughout the whole song. Song is amazing, regardless.

Yeah I like the way it builds, with the drums in verse 2 and that bassline in verse 3 but it would have been dope it was all built like that from the start.
It kinda reminds me something Easy Mo Bee would have done around mid 90s.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Bye Baby is track of the year. the way Nas says "goodbye" at the end of the third verse, you can see dude hurting. but thats good, we need to see hurt in rap songs. if that was jay it would have been about how he fkin plenty b!tches etc. smh.

wow...u can't hide the hate can u? :wow: