Official Nas Thread

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
and @ Akademik Well if you talking bout Illmatic Nas... :manny:

illmatic is too easyy. Even Life is Good Nas is on another level.

Biggie ain't fukkin with that, go look up his songs...none of em touching this technical display of emceeing. I can easily drop Nas records that blow biggie's skills out the water and I fukk with Big. He was never a better MC then and he isn't now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Polo

80s Baby
Daps
I love how everyone brings up mary j songs from 15 years ago. IM NOT TALKING ABOUT THOSE TRACKS.

ITS 2012, the tracks with 50? weak, jada? weak, didnt she do one with styles? weak. only tolerable one was with cudi and thats because she didn't do her typical diva over singing/crying we dont wanna hear anymore.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
YOu cant really say than when the dead arent here to defend themselves really.

In 1998 DMX had everyone like :krs: & :ooh:. A decade later he's :flabbynsick:

Who knows if B.I.G or Pac would have been able to continue making music that got people excited 2 decades after their debut. Maybe...maybe not...

However Nas is doing what NOBODY else in rap history has done and that is make music 2 decades straight thats :ahh: status...and its not just "stans". nikkas already posted the opinions of people in the industry who already heard Life Is Good and the responses have been fantastic.

Nas been spittin classic verses longer than Kareem played in the NBA...Esco is hip-hop's alltime scoring champion. :bow: down to the :king:

LucaBrasi

West Coast Legend
Daps
Reppin
California
illmatic is too easyy. Even Life is Good Nas is on another level.

Nas - Nasty - YouTube

Biggie ain't fukkin with that, go look up his songs...none of em touching this technical display of emceeing. I can easily drop Nas records that blow biggie's skills out the water and I fukk with Big. He was never a better MC then and he isn't now.

Naaaah

B.I.G.'s flow on this :ahh:

:why: B.I.G. had to leave us so early?! Atleast Pac had a chance to drop TONS of shyt, and well you're right catalog vs catalog of course Nas got B.I.G. in check

edit - I was comparing Notorious Thugs to Nasty :russ:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I dont think anyone can argue that nas isn't the goat, his fam will go through the roof the day he leaves us :to:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth

Who knows if B.I.G or Pac would have been able to continue making music that got people excited 2 decades after their debut. Maybe...maybe not...

However Nas is doing what NOBODY else in rap history has done and that is make music 2 decades straight thats :ahh: status...and its not just "stans". nikkas already posted the opinions of people in the industry who already heard Life Is Good and the responses have been fantastic.

Nas been spittin classic verses longer than Kareem played in the NBA...Esco is hip-hop's alltime scoring champion. :bow: down to the :king:

My point exactly. 'PAC and biggie aren't here to shine or fail so it's hard to say for sure that they wouldn't have continue to be top of their game or not. So you cannot say it isn't up for discussion with regards to those who are dead as we'll never know.

Personally, I've always been happy enough with Nas being my favourite MC, I don't necessarily need him to be universally loved as the best.

LucaBrasi

West Coast Legend
Daps
Reppin
California

Valid argument, Problem is I've been a stan of these dudes at different points of my life thats why its so hard for me to pick one over the other :noah: