Official Nas Thread

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I've seen Nas twice. Once in Chicago for HHID and at the Cosmo in Vegas for DR. Cris Webber was there kickin it with Nas. I'm sure he'd be cool to meet but sometimes, I think I prefer to not meet stars because of they "big league" me, I won't want to be a fan anymore. I'm really for the music though.
I was at that DR concert that night too breh:yes:

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas should've put It Wasn't You out as an official song anyway, kind of like how Puff did with adding 50 & Banks version of Victory to his and B.I.G version making it an "official" remix. I had to go back and listen to this since i haven't heard it in a while.

:jbhmm: Nas could put this out today and it would sound so fukking fresh and ill, especially with Nas Album Done having that Lauren Hill sample and Nas sounding fresh as ever & Lauren doing shows. :ohlawd:This would be like the perfect song to drop for the new album. :banderas:

True. I always wondered if that Nas ever heard that blends an what he thought of it. One thing is certain and this is what I admire about Nas. His lyrics be on point, especially in his story telling... The even the throwaways. I also like the 45 King's version of "Ghetto Prisoners". Never really followed the rhymes in the original because I didn't like the beat but over the 45 King beat, I was able to get into the rhymes and they are on point.

Thief's Theme

All Star
Daps
old Nas forums were GOAT

some of the funniest shyt I've ever read

I got a sneak peak of The Get Down, I was fukked up so I could be wrong, but Nas definitely spits in the opening track and I think it's a different verse each episode

but it's from the POV of the main character... sorry if this old news

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Nas should've put It Wasn't You out as an official song anyway, kind of like how Puff did with adding 50 & Banks version of Victory to his and B.I.G version making it an "official" remix. I had to go back and listen to this since i haven't heard it in a while.

:jbhmm: Nas could put this out today and it would sound so fukking fresh and ill, especially with Nas Album Done having that Lauren Hill sample and Nas sounding fresh as ever & Lauren doing shows. :ohlawd:This would be like the perfect song to drop for the new album. :banderas:

I've ALWAYS said Nas can release this shyt as a single. shyt still sounds fresh as ever.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Maaaaann I love the QB Finest album. They say that Stillmatic was his comeback album, but to me this is even Nas really started to get focused again.
Bro if u look at it there was really never much of a fall off. nikkas point to Nastradamus but that was never even intended to be an album. shyt was thrown together. When u look at the I Am bootleg for what it was supposed to be. Then QBs Finest album dropped the next year over. Then the year after that. Stillmatic dropped. Not to mention a lot of The Lost Tapes came from that I Am thru QBs Finest era.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Bro if u look at it there was really never much of a fall off. nikkas point to Nastradamus but that was never even intended to be an album. shyt was thrown together. When u look at the I Am bootleg for what it was supposed to be. Then QBs Finest album dropped the next year over. Then the year after that. Stillmatic dropped. Not to mention a lot of The Lost Tapes came from that I Am thru QBs Finest era.

I always fukked with The Firm album (I never got the hate for The Firm; to me it's the most "fun" Nas project, and its basically the blueprint to the tropical Deeper Than Rap-era Rick Ross stuff). The retail version of I Am is dope to me. I can't defend Nastradamus outside of a few songs, though. lol But honestly I'm glad that the double album never dropped because then we wouldn't have Lost Tapes.

But yeah, in retrospect, Nas only "fell off" to me for like six months. Lol

HNIC973

R.I.P Bandana P
Daps
Reppin
Brick City,New Jerz
Don't forget his verse on this shyt

Jay&his squad:ufdup:The God warned those nikkaz:whew:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
zLwuYRi.jpg

:obama::ahh: