Official Nas Thread

Big Mark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Throwback

:wow:

Got me thinking, when did you first hear Nas? It's crazy because my story is kinda similar in terms of having an older family member who was a west coast head. My uncle and cousin were HEAVY west coast back in the 90s, I barely heard them listening to anything else outside of Wu Tang. Around 96 I was a kid, big Pac and Snoop fan. I also really liked Mobb Deep so I had heard Nas before on Eye For An Eye. I had also heard If I Ruled The World a million times, also had heard a couple Illmatic joints. But one day I heard One Love and Suspect brehs
:wow:

This was back when one of my cousins was in jail and one of my family friends was in the military, so every few months I'd write them letters. So when I heard One Love that entire concept just hit home with me. And with Suspect some of the lines in the first verse

shyt's pushed in, ambulance placed him on some cushion
His mom's had a stare I wouldn't dare second look when I murk

that shyt had me shook. Like I was listening to so much gangsta shyt as a kid but that was the first violent bar that resonated with me on any emotional level. There's nothing glamorous about that shyt. A kid is dead and his mom is breaking down. I didn't hear anything else like that until Ghost's verse on Impossible.

Dope! Not a word about Jay and that Pac shyt ceased quick. lol J Cole hit it on the head though. Props!

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Im sure Nasir got broke off quite nicely to perform at #themurthys wedding :mjpls::banderas: :ahh: its so funny to see him make the moves we all wanted him to make back in the 90s/00s as fans just wanting to see him win. When Jay was killin wit S.Dot and Rocafella It made them Nas v Jay arguments ruff lol. Now look mogul status damn near with his very own Motown :ooh:

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im sure Nasir got broke off quite nicely to perform at #themurthys wedding :mjpls::banderas: :ahh: its so funny to see him make the moves we all wanted him to make back in the 90s/00s as fans just wanting to see him win. When Jay was killin wit S.Dot and Rocafella It made them Nas v Jay arguments ruff lol. Now look mogul status damn near with his very own Motown :ooh:
Murthy is one of Nas' business partners @ QBVP. Nas always said that just because Jayz, Snoop, Puffy or ect was doing didn't mean Nas had to do it. "Winning" was never a concern or issue for Nas.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

yeah because nas never cared about the business/hustler side of the game because that type of mindset wasn't that big in HipHop until 97-99. Stoute said nas turned down a ton of business opportunities because nas didn't really want to be famous..he just wanted to make music and chill.